The golf betting world has been dominated this week by photos of Rory McIlroy in an ankle boot after he was injured playing soccer with some friends. There is genuine concern that he might miss next week’s British Open, but many of the players who will be in the field at St. Andrews will be getting prepared by playing in the John Deere Classic, which will be held at the TPC Deere Run Course in Silvis, Illinois. Those who do play at this event will have to tackle a very challenging 7,258 yard Par 71 course that demands accuracy on every hole. The players are also going to try and find a way to get past Zach Johnson and Steve Stricker, both of whom have either won or finished second in every John Deere Classic dating back to 2009. Stricker won the event 3 times during that period, with Johnson managing 1 win and 3 second place finished.
Brian Harman will be in the field as the defending champion, while Jordan Spieth, who won the event in 2013, will also be playing. Spieth is having a season for the ages, having already won the Masters and the US Open. He will, of course, want to win this event, too, but you have to wonder of he is looking ahead to the British Open and thinking about adding yet another major to his trophy cabinet. Later in the week, we will go into a little more detail about who the favorites and dark horse for this tournament might well be.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- 2019 Genesis Open Odds, Predictions & Picks
- 2019 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am Odds, Preview & Picks
- 2019 Waste Management Phoenix Open Odds & Prediction
- 2019 Farmers Insurance Open Odds, Pick & Preview
- 2019 Desert Classic Odds & Golf Expert Preview
- 2019 Sony Open Odds, Preview & Prediction
- 2019 Sentry Tournament of Champions Odds & Analysis
- Early 2019 Golf Betting Predictions
- 2018 QBE Shootout Odds, Preview & Pick
- 2018 Hero World Challenge Odds, Preview & Pick
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.