Jordan Spieth likes his golf betting odds of winning golf’s Grand Slam, but science and hocus-pocus are stacked against the newly crowned U.S. Open victor doing what the modern legends of the game have never achieved. Neil Paine at fivethirtyeight.com ran the numbers and they just don’t add up to Spieth sweeping the British Open and PGA Championship to wrap up the calendar slam. “No matter how you cut it, the odds of Spieth finishing off the Grand Slam are still fairly low — about 1 percent, if the probabilities … are any kind of guide,” Paine wrote on Monday after Spieth became just the fourth player since 1958 to win the season’s first two majors and won back-to-back grand slam events for just the 13th time.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- 2019 WGC-Mexico Championships Odds, Predictions & Picks
- 2019 Puerto Rico Open Odds & Preview
- 2019 Genesis Open Odds, Predictions & Picks
- 2019 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am Odds, Preview & Picks
- 2019 Waste Management Phoenix Open Odds & Prediction
- 2019 Farmers Insurance Open Odds, Pick & Preview
- 2019 Desert Classic Odds & Golf Expert Preview
- 2019 Sony Open Odds, Preview & Prediction
- 2019 Sentry Tournament of Champions Odds & Analysis
- Early 2019 Golf Betting Predictions
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.