When it comes to the odds of winning the quickly approaching BMW Championship, the top favorites are the same as they generally are heading into any major or big, non-major tournament. The question that golf bettors everywhere need to know heading into the 2017 BMW Championship is whether or not, the likes of Jordan Spieth, Dustin Johnson and some other top favorites, will be beaten out by either a longer shot contender or an ‘unknown’ competitor that no one had winning this year’s BMW title.Thanks to my expert analysis on the quickly approaching tournament, you’re going to have a great idea where to place your golf betting bucks this weekend. Now, let’s get down to business.
2017 BMW Championship Odds & Golf PicksWhere: Conway Farms Golf Club. Lake Forest, IL.When: September 14 -17, 2017Defending Champion: Dustin JohnsonWith the FedEx Cup playoffs underway, the field has been trimmed to 70 players as the PGA Tour heads to Chicago for the BMW Championship at Conway Farms. As a reminder, this tournament does not have a cut and is the final chance for players to book their trip to East Lake and make a run at the $10 million on the line next week at the Tour Championship.
Jordan SpiethSpeith finished T16 at Conway Farms in 2013 and T13 in 2015 at Conway Farms and ranks fourth in GIR.
Dustin JohnsonThe defending champion prevailed at Crooked Stick last year, but he finished T7 at Conway Farms in 2015.
Hideki MatsuyamaMatsuyama finished T7 at Conway Farms in 2015 and finished fifth at the PGA Championship last month and second at the U.S. Open in June. Matsuyama also has three tourney wins this season.
Justin ThomasThomas has recorded a pair of wins and a T6 finish in his last three starts and looks like he could very well bag this trophy.
Paul CaseyCasey finished fourth at the Dell Technologies Championship last week while finishing fifth at the Northern Trust in his previous tournament.
Rickie FowlerIn his last seven tournaments, Fowler has three top five finishes and one ninth place finish while finishing T4 at 2015 BMW.
Jon RahmRahm has a T3 and T4 finish at the Northern Trust and Dell Technologies Championship in his last two tournaments.
Jason DayDay opened with a blistering 61 and went wire-to-wire at Conway Farms in 2015. Jason Day has two top 10 finishes in his last three tournaments.
Rory McIlroyMcIlroy finished T5 at the WGC Bridgestone Invitational in early August and T$ at the British open just prior to that, but has gone T22 and T34 in his last two tournaments.
Matt KucharKuchar finished T56 at his last tournament but pulled off a pair of top 10 finishes n his two tourneys prior to that, not to mention the fact that he finished second at the British Open in July.
Previous BMW Championship Winners
- 2016 – Dustin Johnson. USA. Crooked Stick Golf Club. Carmel, Indiana
- 2015 – Jason Day. Australia. Conway Farms Golf Club. Lake Forest, Illinois
- 2014 – Billy Horschel. USA. Cherry Hills Country Club. Cherry Hills Village, Colorado
- 2013 – Zach Johnson. USA. Conway Farms Golf Club. Lake Forest, Illinois
- 2012 – Rory McIlroy. Northern Ireland. Crooked Stick Golf Club. Carmel, Indiana
- 2011 – Justin Rose. England. Cog Hill Gold & Country Club. Lemont, Illinois
- 2010 – Dustin Johnson. USA. Cog Hill Gold & Country Club. Lemont, Illinois
- 2009 – Tiger Woods. USA. Cog Hill Gold & Country Club. Lemont, Illinois
- 2008 – Camilo Villegas. Colombia. Bellerive Country Club. Town and Country, Missouri
- 2007 – Tiger Woods. USA. Cog Hill Gold & Country Club. Lemont, Illinois
BMW Championship Betting PredictionsI‘m going with the red-hot Justin Thomas to get the win with successive picks for Jason Day and Matt Kuchar, seeing as how he’s yet to find the winner’s circle in 2017.
Picks to Win
- Justin Thomas
- Jason Day
- Matt Kuchar
|Rafa Cabrera Bello||150/1|