If you follow and wager on horse racing, you are probably well aware that the favorite usually wins about one-third of all races. That is good news for people who like to look for a horse at a decent price when putting their bets on. The Kentucky Derby has certainly provided more than its fair share of big priced winners in its 141-year history, which may be one of the reasons why people who don’t normally wager that much decide to have a flutter. The winning percentage of favorites that I mentioned earlier actually holds true in the Derby, as there have been 49 winners as favorite in the 141 years, which is good for about 35%. The large field, longer distance, and potentially tricky post position all make it tough on the favorites, but here are a few that might get the job done this year at shorter horse racing odds.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Early 2019 Horse Racing Betting Predictions
- 2019 Pegasus World Cup Odds, Preview & Picks
- 2018 Breeders’ Cup Late Pick 4
- 2018 Breeders’ Cup Classic Superfecta
- 2018 Breeders’ Cup Filly and Mare Turf Trifecta
- 2018 Breeders’ Cup Classic Early Betting Preview
- Del Mar Betting Picks for Saturday, September 1
- Saratoga Odds & Picks for Saturday, September 1
- 2018 Travers Stakes Odds & Predictions
- Del Mar Betting Picks for Saturday, August 4
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.