The Super Bowl of thoroughbred racing, the Kentucky Derby, is Saturday at Churchill Downs in Louisville. It’s the 143 rd Run for the Roses, otherwise known as the “fastest two minutes in sports.” The Kentucky Derby is the first leg of the Triple Crown of Thoroughbred Racing, and is followed by the Preakness Stakes on May 20 and the Belmont Stakes on June 10. The 1 1/4-mile race runs on a dirt track and has a 20-horse field, the biggest you will see. Secretariat, arguably the best thoroughbred horse of all-time, still holds the Kentucky Derby record at 1:59.40, set in 1973. Here’s a look at the three betting favorites for the race, although the Kentucky Derby odds will change after Wednesday’s post position draw.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Early 2019 Horse Racing Betting Predictions
- 2019 Pegasus World Cup Odds, Preview & Picks
- 2018 Breeders’ Cup Late Pick 4
- 2018 Breeders’ Cup Classic Superfecta
- 2018 Breeders’ Cup Filly and Mare Turf Trifecta
- 2018 Breeders’ Cup Classic Early Betting Preview
- Del Mar Betting Picks for Saturday, September 1
- Saratoga Odds & Picks for Saturday, September 1
- 2018 Travers Stakes Odds & Predictions
- Del Mar Betting Picks for Saturday, August 4
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.