Okay MYBookie horse racing betting enthusiasts, with the 2019 Kentucky Derby less than a month away, now is a great time for some expert analysis and predictions that could help you cash in on the biggest and most coveted thoroughbred horse race in North America. The 2019 Kentucky Derby takes place May 4 at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky. Now, let’s find out which thoroughbreds have the best Kentucky Derby odds as we inch closer to the start of the annual Run for the Roses.
2019 Kentucky Derby Early Odds & Picks
We are days 26 away from the @KentuckyDerby 😀Here is the list of possible contenders. 🏇🏆htt*As of April 8, 2019#RoadtotheRoses #RunfortheRoses #StakesRaces #DerbyContenders #DerbyPoints #KentuckyDerby #2019KentuckyDerby pic.twitter.com/fVHQq0niKA— US Racing (@USRacingToday) 8 de abril de 2019
Odds to Win 2019 Kentucky Derby
- Roadster 9-2
- Improbable 6-1
- Omaha Beach 7-1
- Game Winner 8-1
- Maximum Security 8-1
- Tacitus 10-1
- Long Range Toddy 12-1
- Vekoma 16-1
- Code of Honor 25-1
- Win Win Win 25-1
- Anothertwistafate 30-1
- Bourbon War 30-1
- Cutting Humor 30-1
- Spinoff 30-1
- War of Will 30-1
- By My Standards 40-1
- Haikal 40-1
- Plus Que Parfait 40-1
- Galilean 50-1
- Instagrand 50-1
- Mucho Gusto 50-1
- Tax 50-1
- Bodeexpress 60-1
- Country House 60-1
- Gray Magician 60-1
- Frosted Ice 100-1
- Master Fencer 100-1
- Signalman 100-1
- Sir Winston 100-1
- Somelikeithotbrown 100-1
- Sueno 100-1
- Gray Attempt 200-1
- Knicks Go 300-1
Roadster was an 18-1 pick just over a week ago, but that was before he defeated Game Winner by a half-length in the $1 million Santa Anita Derby on Saturday to improve to 2-0 as a three-year-old. The Bob Baffert-trained mount also won the Allowance Optional at San Anita on March 1 and now he’s the prohibitive favorite after being the eighth-best pick on the board a week ago.
Tacitus might be a 25-1 longshot right now, but he’s looking good from where I’m sitting. In two races as a three-year-old Tacitus is unbeaten, having won the Lambholm South Tampa Bay Derby in early March and taking the winner’s circle at the $750,000 Wood Memorial at Aqueduct this past weekend to earn 100 qualifying points for the Kentucky Derby. Tacitus rallied from 10 lengths back to win the Tampa Bay Derby last month in his 3-year-old debut to give him three wins in four career races, including three in a row for Hall of Fame trainer Bill Mott.
Favored Vekoma rebounded from a third place finish at the Xpressbet Fountain of Youth G2 Stakes in March to blow away the field by over three lengths in the $1 million Blue Grass Stakes at Keeneland this past Saturday. Vekoma started from the No. 2 post and was among the leaders before separating from Somelikeithotbrown and Signalman near the final turn.
Plus Que Parfait
Plus Que Parfait finished fifth at the LeComte G3 Stakes in January before finishing an awful 13t at the Risen Star S. presented by Lamarque Ford in February. However, 2017 Eclipse Award winner won the $2.5 million UAE Derby on Saturday and now he looks like a thoroughbred that could challenge for the Kentucky Derby win after earning 100 Kentucky Derby standings points with his latest effort.
By My Standards
This thoroughbred is a 40-1 longshot, but I’m thinking maybe he shouldn’t be seeing as how he’s won each of his last two races while recording a pair of second place finishes as a two-year-old and a third place finish in his maiden race as a three-year-old in January. By My Standards won the 2019 Twinspires.com Louisiana G2 Derby on march 23, giving him the look of a real threat at the Kentucky Derby.
I know Galilean finished third in his last race at the Rebel Stakes G2 on March 16, but this thoroughbred also won his previous two races at Santa Anita and Los Alamitos respectively, including his maiden race as a three-year-old. In five career races, Galilean has never finished outside the money.
Kentucky Derby Racing News
- Horse Racing Betting: 2021 Kentucky Derby Recap
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Superfecta & Pick 4 Betting Predictions
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Exacta & Trifecta Betting Predictions
- Horse Racing Betting – 2021 Triple Crown Update
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Betting Update & Kentucky Oaks Picks
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Update: Essential Quality & Rock Your World Clear-Cut Favorites
- 2021 Top Stakes Races to Bet On From April 30th to May 1st
- 2021 Kentucky Derby: Concert Tour Is Out of The Race
- 2021 Kentucky Derby: Essential Quality Clear Favorite to Win it All
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Update: Concert Tour Runs in Grade 1 Arkansas Derby
- Three 2021 Kentucky Derby Prep Races Expert Analysis
- 2021 Triple Crown: 3 Kentucky Derby Prep Races Horse Analysis
- 2021 Kentucky Derby: How Really Good Is Mandaloun?
- 2021 Triple Crown: Concert Tour Showing He Is A Favorite
- Life Is Good Heading as Favorite to Win 2021 Kentucky Derby
- 2021 Kentucky Derby: Life Is Good Favorite to Win San Felipe Stakes
- 2021 Triple Crown: Essential Quality Makes 2021 Debut on Saturday
- 2021 Kentucky Derby: New Contender & Prospect Showing Up