The first Saturday in May is upon us and that means it’s time for the biggest horse race in North America, the Run for the Roses. American Pharoah is the 5-2 morning-line favorite on Kentucky Derby odds to win the 141st edition of this race at Churchill Downs in Louisville on Saturday. Some are saying this could be one of the best fields ever as going back to 1955 this is the only Derby to have as many as five U.S.-based entrants who are undefeated at 3 years old. That Fab Five is led by 2-year-old champion American Pharoah, who won the Grade 2 Rebel Stakes in March and the Grade 1 Arkansas Derby a month later. The field also includes the winners of other major Derby prep races who remain unbeaten: the Santa Anita Derby (Dortmund), Florida Derby (Materiality), Blue Grass (Carpe Diem) and Louisiana Derby (International Star). Combined, those five horses are 13-0 this year.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Early 2019 Horse Racing Betting Predictions
- 2019 Pegasus World Cup Odds, Preview & Picks
- 2018 Breeders’ Cup Late Pick 4
- 2018 Breeders’ Cup Classic Superfecta
- 2018 Breeders’ Cup Filly and Mare Turf Trifecta
- 2018 Breeders’ Cup Classic Early Betting Preview
- Del Mar Betting Picks for Saturday, September 1
- Saratoga Odds & Picks for Saturday, September 1
- 2018 Travers Stakes Odds & Predictions
- Del Mar Betting Picks for Saturday, August 4
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.