With the quickly approaching 2017 Kentucky Derby, you may be looking for ways to identify possible winners of the annual Run for the Roses, then one of the very best ways to do that is by analyzing the respective running styles of each thoroughbred. Find the latest horse racing betting odds here.
Using Running Styles To Handicap Your Kentucky Derby BetsYou see, when it comes to winning the most prestigious thoroughbred horse race in the United States there are some age-old ‘facts’ surrounding the derby, even if they aren’t a much of a fact as some believe they are. Fact No. 1 says that pacesetters and closer rarely win the Kentucky Derby, but that clearly isn’t always the case a 32 thoroughbreds have gone gate-to-wire to win the derby.However, there is also some truth to the age-old belief that horses that get out of the gate too quickly don’t have as good a chance of winning as a mount that is in the middle of the pack at the first call (1/4 mile mark). This millennia, only War Emblem has been able to maintain the lead from the 1/4 mile mark while Go for Gin is the only other derby winner to grab and keep the lead by the 1/2 mile mark.A far as closers winning the Kentucky Derby is concerned, in the last 27 races dating back to 1990, only eight winners (29.6%) have been able to come back from more than 10 lengths behind the leader at the 1/2 mile mark while 11 others (40.7%) came back from than eight lengths behind at the same point. That figures dips dramatically to just 6 (22.2%) winning after being eight or more lengths behind the leader at the 3/4 mile mark.In essence, stalkers (horses that are just off the lead) look like the best bets to win the Kentucky Derby. Simply find the best stalkers in the 2017 derby that you can and ride one or two of them for the win!
Kentucky Derby Racing News
- Horse Racing Betting: 2021 Kentucky Derby Recap
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Superfecta & Pick 4 Betting Predictions
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Exacta & Trifecta Betting Predictions
- Horse Racing Betting – 2021 Triple Crown Update
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Betting Update & Kentucky Oaks Picks
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Update: Essential Quality & Rock Your World Clear-Cut Favorites
- 2021 Top Stakes Races to Bet On From April 30th to May 1st
- 2021 Kentucky Derby: Concert Tour Is Out of The Race
- 2021 Kentucky Derby: Essential Quality Clear Favorite to Win it All
- 2021 Kentucky Derby Update: Concert Tour Runs in Grade 1 Arkansas Derby
- Three 2021 Kentucky Derby Prep Races Expert Analysis
- 2021 Triple Crown: 3 Kentucky Derby Prep Races Horse Analysis
- 2021 Kentucky Derby: How Really Good Is Mandaloun?
- 2021 Triple Crown: Concert Tour Showing He Is A Favorite
- Life Is Good Heading as Favorite to Win 2021 Kentucky Derby
- 2021 Kentucky Derby: Life Is Good Favorite to Win San Felipe Stakes
- 2021 Triple Crown: Essential Quality Makes 2021 Debut on Saturday
- 2021 Kentucky Derby: New Contender & Prospect Showing Up