MLB decided to postpone Game 4 of the ALCS from Wednesday night to Thursday night. Because of that, both the Houston Astros and New York Yankees will send their Game 1 starters to the mound. Will Zack Greinke bounce back from a horrible Game 1 performance? Can Masahiro Tanaka dominate again? Check out the MLB odds, analysis and a free pick for Astros vs Yankees Game 4!
Astros vs Yankees 2019 ALCS Game 4 Odds, Preview & Expert Pick
- When: Thursday, Oct. 17 at 8:08pm ET
- Where: Yankee Stadium, Bronx, NY
- TV: FS1
- Radio: Yankees / Astros
- Live Stream: Fox Sports Go
- Moneyline: Yankees -140
- Over/Under Total: 8 ½
Why Houston Astros are a good bet +120?
Behind yet another awesome performance from Gerrit Cole on Tuesday, the Houston Astros took a 2-1 series lead over the New York Yankees. A.J. Hinch wasted no time after learning that Major League Baseball wanted to postpone Game 4. On Wednesday, he could barely hide his glee at the prospect of sending Zack Greinke to the mound. Per Hinch, “The sooner we can get our best three pitchers onto the mound, the better.” Greinke struggled in Game 1. That was primarily due to the Astros batting lineup failing to hit Masahiro Tanaka. If they can get to Tanaka on Thursday night, the Stros should take Game 4.
- Runs/G: 5.68
- BA: .274
- OPS: .848
- HR: 288
- SB: 67
- ERA: 3.68
- WHIP: 1.13
- KS: 1671
- Quality Starts: 88
- Errors: 70
Why New York Yankees are a good bet at -140?
When the Yankees backs are against the wall, they respond. Not only that, but the Astros send their best starter, Masahiro Tanaka, to the mound for Thursday’s battle. Tanaka was sensational in Game 1. He threw 6 innings, struck out 1, walked 1, and only gave up a single hit. If Tanaka can provide another amazing performance in Game 4, there’s no way the Astros build a 3-1 series lead.
- Runs/G: 5.82
- BA: .267
- OPS: .829
- HR: 306
- SB: 55
- ERA: 4.31
- WHIP: 1.30
- KS: 1534
- Quality Starts: 53
- Errors: 102
MLB ALCS Game 4 Betting Trends for Astros vs Yankees
- Astros are 9-3 in the last 12 road games
- Astros are 2-5 in the last 7 League Championship games
- The total went UNDER in 4 of Houston’s last 5 games
- Yankees are 1-4 in the last 5 League Championship games
- Yankees are 9-3 in the last 12 playoff home games
- The total went UNDER in 4 of the Yankees’ last 5 games
ALCS Game 4 Astros vs Yankees Betting AnalysisBoth Zack Greinke and Masahiro Tanaka should feel the pressure on Thursday night. Tanaka was as good as he’s been all season in the Game 1 victory. However, a lot of that might have to do with the Astros coming off a high of winning the ALCS. Simply put, the Stros struggled to hit anything off Tanaka.In Game 2, they hit much better. Then, in Game 3 against Luis Severino, the Astros’ bats took off. Houston managed 4 runs in the 4-1 win. That’s a real sign that Houston’s back to hitting the way they did during the regular season. One thing to note is that Aaron Boone has used his bullpen with abandon while Hinch has taken a different approach, allowing his starters to throw deep into games. That should help Houston on Thursday night. The Astros pull off the upset.
MLB Free Pick: Houston Astros +120
More MLB Playoffs Betting News
- MLB Predictions: Could Blue Jays Have AL MVP & Cy Young?
- Mariners vs A’s MLB | Crucial In Wild-Card Race
- Updated MLB Playoff Picture: Who Wins NL West, NL East?
- Dodgers vs Reds | 2021 MLB Possible Preview National League
- Tigers vs Rays Series Opener| 2021 MLB Expert Analysis
- Cubs vs Phillies | 2021 MLB Expert Analysis
- MLB Angels vs White Sox Betting Analysis: The Pale Hose Heavy Favorites
- MLB 2021 Regular Season Betting Predictions: Last Weeks of Action
- MLB Rays vs Blue Jays Betting Analysis: Toronto Looking to Secure Wild-Card Spot
- Must Bet MLB Series On The Week: Red Sox vs. Mariners
- MLB Yankees vs Mets Betting Analysis: Subway Series On 9/11 Anniversary Weekend
- MLB Betting News & Rumors: NL Cy Young Winners Kershaw, DeGrom Close To Returns?
- MLB Phillies vs Brewers Betting Analysis: Last Meeting Of Season
- Blue Jays vs Yankees MLB | Cy Young Favorite Cole On Mound