This is the part of the season where teams either rise up and show what they are made of, or buckle under the pressure and fall apart during the final few weeks. The Chicago Cubs have not been in a playoff position for quite some time now, so the final few weeks of the baseball betting season are going to be a real test for them to see if they can stand the heat. They will be welcoming in the Atlanta Braves for a 4-game series, with the second game set for Friday night.
Closer Look at the Atlanta Braves at Chicago Cubs MLB Betting Spread Preview & TV InfoDate/Time: Friday, August 21st, 4:05 PMVenue: Wrigley Field, Chicago, ILTV: FSSO, MLBNRadio: WCNN 680/WYAY 106.7Opening line: Chicago Cubs -210Kyle Hendricks (6-5, 3.97 ERA) will try to right the ship, and he is a good choice, as the Cubs have won the last 4 games he has started.It has been an incredibly disappointing season for the Atlanta Braves (53-67), albeit one that was very much expected. If truth be told, this is a team that seems to be lacking any sort of direction at the moment, although that may be down to them simply treading water until their new stadium is built and ready to go. The Braves have basically offloaded the majority of their quality players in an effort to dump payroll, and the results have been as expected. They are coming into this series after being swept in 3 games by the San Diego Padres. It was a typical Braves showing, with no offense on display, and the bullpen once again failing to do its job. Forget the win loss record, Shelby Miller (5-9, 2.43 ERA) has been stellar for the Braves, but has received zero run support.
Key Betting Trends
- Atlanta is 1-4-1 SU in its last 6 games
- Atlanta is 0-4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Atlanta is 12-4-1 SU in its last 17 games when playing Chi Cubs
- Chi Cubs is 15-4-1 SU in its last 20 games
- Chi Cubs is 1-3-1 SU in its last 5 games
- Chi Cubs is 8-2-1 SU in its last 11 games at home
- Chi Cubs is 4-12-1 SU in its last 17 games when playing Atlanta
- Chi Cubs is 1-3-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Atlanta