While every team would love to have great records at home and on the road, most will settle for a stellar home record throughout the season. Being able to win the majority of your home games usually puts you in a good position to be among the top of the standings, as long as you are at least playing a little over .500 on the road. The Dodgers have the home thing down pat this season, but they are struggling to make an impact while playing elsewhere. The good news is that they will be at home for 3 when they welcome in the Atlanta Braves. The second game of that series is set for Tuesday night in this MLB betting season.
Closer Look at the Atlanta Braves vs L.A. Dodgers MLB Betting Preview, Pick & Game Info
Date/Time: Tuesday, May 26, 10:10 PM
Location: Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CaliforniaTV/radio: SPSO, WCNN 680/WYAY, 106.7 Braves Radio Network
Betting Line:Dodgers -1½+110
The Dodgers (26-17) have tallied 19 wins at home already this season, but they are currently 4 games under .500 on the road. That is something that they will be looking to rectify in the coming months. Despite that imbalance, they still have a 2 game lead atop the NL West, but they are sure to be looking over their shoulders at the San Francisco Giants, as the champs are on a bit of a tear right now. The Giants went a long way to closing that gap by sweeping the Dodgers in a 3-game series in which they also held them scoreless. Getting runs across home plate has been a problem for LA of late, as they have only managed a total of 9 runs in their last 8 games.Clayton Kershaw (2-3, 4.32 ERA) will start for the Dodgers on Tuesday. Kershaw was tagged for the loss in his last start, where he have up 4 runs over 7 innings in a 4-0 loss to the Giants. Everyone knew that this was going to be a season of change and rebuilding for the Atlanta Braves (22-21) but I don’t think anyone really believed that they would be this competitive. The Braves have been hovering around .500 for a while now, but they have put together back to back winning weeks, which might suggest that they are going to stick around in the NL East. They are getting the job done by playing a lot of their prospects, and those kids are going to get a real test during a 10-game west coast road swing that begins with this three against the Dodgers. The Braves will send their ace Julio Teheran (4-1, 3.91 ERA) to the mound on Tuesday night. Teheran went 7 innings in his last start, and only gave up 1 run in a 10-1 Braves win over the Brewers.
Key Baseball Betting Trends
- Atlanta is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games
- Atlanta is 5-11 SU in its last 16 games on the road
- Atlanta is 1-9 SU in its last 10 games when playing LA Dodgers
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Atlanta’s last 13 games when playing LA Dodgers
- Atlanta is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against LA Dodgers
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Atlanta’s last 7 games when playing on the road against LA Dodgers
Los Angeles Dodgers
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of LA Dodgers’s last 8 games
- LA Dodgers is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of LA Dodgers’s last 11 games at home
- LA Dodgers is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games when playing Atlanta
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of LA Dodgers’s last 13 games when playing Atlanta
- LA Dodgers is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Atlanta
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of LA Dodgers’s last 7 games when playing at home against Atlanta
Consider This Before Placing Your Bets
Teheran has been solid all season long, and when you combine that with the anemic bats that the Dodgers are displaying right now, you get a perfect recipe for a road win for the Braves.