It would seem that the perceived natural order of things has been restored with the Washington Nationals finally back on top of the NL East after an extended absence. That may not last long, though, as they now have to welcome in the Atlanta Braves for a 3-game series. The Braves are a surprise this season in the MLB lines, and are just two games out of the lead. The series will officially get under way on Tuesday night.
Brief Report on the Atlanta Braves vs Washington Nationals MLB Betting Odds Preview & TV InfoDate/Time: Tuesday, June 23rd, 5:05 PMLocation: Nationals Park, Washington, District of ColumbiaTV: MASN 2Radio: 106.7 The FanOpening MLB Betting Line: TBAMax Scherzer delivered on Saturday night versus the Pirates. Scherzer pitched a no-hitter, and would have had the perfect game were it not for the fact that he hit the 27th batter that he faced. This is something of an ominous sign for everyone else in the NL, because there are few that can compete with the Nats starting rotation when they are hot. Stephen Strasburg (3-5, 6.55 ERA) will start for Washington on Tuesday. Strasburg will be making his return following an AA rehab stint with Harrisburg.The Braves (35-35) have done an amazing job to get back to .500 when you consider the issues that they have had with their bullpen this season. Too many games have been gassed so far, and this team could actually be well in control of the division were it not for those blown opportunities. Things have looked much better as of late, though, and the Braves are coming off a 3-game sweep of the Mets where they only gave up a total of 5 runs. Atlanta is now 6-4 in their last 10 games, and are chipping away at the lead in the division, which they now have down to just 2 games. It’s going to be interesting so see what moves, if any, this team makes heading into the second half. Alex Wood (4-4, 3.40 ERA) will start for the Braves in Tuesday and will be looking to snap a 3-game winless streak.
MLB Betting Trends
- Atlanta is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- Atlanta is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Atlanta’s last 7 games on the road
- Atlanta is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Washington
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Atlanta’s last 5 games when playing Washington
- Atlanta is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Washington
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Atlanta’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Washington
- Washington is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- Washington is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Atlanta
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington’s last 5 games when playing Atlanta
- Washington is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against Atlanta
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington’s last 5 games when playing at home against Atlanta