How to Bet Pirates vs. Phillies MLB Lines & Prediction
The Pittsburgh Pirates and Philadelphia Phillies have both gotten off to surprisingly good starts this season and both ballclubs will be looking to pick up a victory when they square off in the City of Brotherly Love on Thursday night in the opener of a three-game set. If you’re looking to find out which team is offering the best value at the MLB lines for this matchup, then look no further.
I’ve got what should amount to a winning selection when these in-state rivals throw down tonight. Now, let’s find out what are the MLB odds saying.
Pittsburgh at Philadelphia MLB Lines & Prediction
— Pirates (@Pirates) 18 de abril de 2018
- When: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 7:05 pm
- Where: Citizens Bank Park
- TV: ATT-Pitt
- Radio: Tune In
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- MLB Lines: Philadelphia Phillies -105 / Pittsburgh Pirates -115 (Over/Under at 7)
- All: Pittsburgh Pirates 12-6 / Philadelphia Phillies 10-7
- Home: Pittsburgh Pirates 5-4 / Philadelphia Phillies 5-1
- Away: Pittsburgh Pirates 7-2 / Philadelphia Phillies 5-6
- ATS: Pittsburgh Pirates 10-8 / Philadelphia Phillies 7-10
- Over/Under: Pittsburgh Pirates 11-6-1 / Philadelphia Phillies 8-8-1
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Runs: Pittsburgh Pirates 4.50 / Philadelphia Phillies 3.00
- Hits: Pittsburgh Pirates 7.50 / Philadelphia Phillies 7.70
- Walks: Pittsburgh Pirates 3.50 / Philadelphia Phillies 1.70
- Strike Outs: Pittsburgh Pirates 7.30 / Philadelphia Phillies 8.00
- Pittsburgh: Jameson Taillon – R (2-0) (0.89)
- Philadelphia: Jake Arrieta – R (1-0) (3.37)
Why Bet on Pittsburgh’s MLB Lines?
Why should you consider betting on Pittsburgh in this series opener? Well, because the Pirates are putting runs on the board like crazy as they rank fifth in scoring (5.5 rpg), fifth in team batting average (.265) and sixth in OPS (.773).Pittsburgh comes into this contest after beating Colorado 10-2 on Wednesday and the Pirates have scored at least five runs five times in their last 10 games while scoring seven or more three times during the stretch.
Right-hander Jameson Taillon has not allowed a single run in each of his last two starts covering a combined 15.0 innings while allowing just five hits during the two-game span.
- Runs: 5.50
- Hits: 9.06
- Walks: 3.50
- Strike Outs: 6.89
- Runs: 4.33
- Hits: 8.50
- Walks: 3.33
- Strike Outs: 7.17
Why Bet on Philadelphia’s MLB Lines?
Why should you consider betting on Philadelphia in this series opener? The best reason is that Philly is a near-perfect 5-1 at home this season. Unfortunately, the Phils have dropped two of their last three games and come into this matchup off a humbling 7-3 loss against Atlanta on Wednesday night.
Starting pitcher Vince Velasquez allowed three earned runs in six innings to get saddled with the loss while reliever Hoby Milner allowed three runs in 2/3 of an inning. Veteran right-hander Jake Arrieta limited Tampa Bay to two earned runs on seven hits in 6.2 innings of a 9-4 win over the Rays on Thursday.
- Runs: 5.18
- Hits: 7.59
- Walks: 4.88
- Strike Outs: 9.88
- Runs: 4.00
- Hits: 8.00
- Walks: 3.00
- Strike Outs: 8.24
Latest MLB Betting Trends
- Pittsburgh is 51-71 against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons
- Philadelphia is 34-27 against the money line in April games over the last 3 seasons
- Philadelphia is 48-82 against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons
- The total has gone Over in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone Under in 5 of Philadelphia’s last 7 games when playing at home against Pittsburgh
Expert Analysis and Prediction
While Philly has gone 5-1 at home this season, Pittsburgh has the better offense in this affair and the better starting pitcher in right-hander Jameson Taillon, who has been absolutely lights out since the start of the season.
Pittsburgh has gone 9-2 in their last 11 road games and 14-6 in their last 20 games overall and a blistering 20-8 in the last 28 meetings against the Phillies. The Phillies are an awful 22-45 in their last 67 games against a team with a winning percentage above .600 and 3-8 in their last 11 Thursday games.
The Pirates are the pick in this one because of their big advantage on offense and better starting hurler!
Score: Pittsburgh Pirates 4 – Philadelphia Phillies 1