How to Bet Red Sox vs. Rangers MLB Lines & Prediction
If a team has real designs at the MLB lines to win it all, it’s always good to come out and set the tone early. Sure, with a 162-game season on tap, there is always time to get into a groove as the season progresses, but it’s always good to start the way you intend to finish. The Boston Red Sox have served notice of their intent in the early going, posting the best win percentage in all of baseball. It’s a long season, though, and given how the Yankees have suddenly come to life, you get the definite sense that the AL East is going to be closely fought all year long.
Besides beating the teams in their division, the Red Sox also need to take out the early struggles, with the Texas Rangers certainly falling into that category. This is a series that you would definitely expect the MLB odds favorite Boston Red Sox to take without much of an effort, but they have not been playing their best ball of late. Will that open the door a little for the Rangers in this series?
Boston at Texas MLB Lines & Prediction
At 25, @mookiebetts is already making history.
— MLB Stat of the Day (@MLBStatoftheDay) 2 de mayo de 2018
- When: Thursday, May 3 at 8:05 PM EST
- Where: Globe Life Park, Arlington
- Starting Pitchers: David Price vs. Mike Minor
- TV: NESN / FSSW
- Radio: Boston WEEI 93.7 / Texas KFLC 1270
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- MLB Lines: Boston Red Sox -160 (Over/Under at 9.5)
- Chance of Thunderstorm: 22°C/71°F
- Humidity: 77%
- Precipitation: 31%
- Cloud Cover: 62%
- Wind: 11 mph SSE
- Stadium Type: Open
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Runs: Boston Red Sox 7.30 / Texas Rangers 5.30
- Hits: Boston Red Sox 11.60 / Texas Rangers 9.60
- Walks: Boston Red Sox 4.70 / Texas Rangers 2.50
- Strike Outs: Boston Red Sox 5.80 / Texas Rangers 9.70
Why on the Red Sox MLB Lines?
The Red Sox have charged out of the gate to start this season, putting together an impressive 22-8 record. That is going to be a tough place to maintain throughout the season, as witnessed by their 5-5 run in the last 10 games. This is a team that has been just as productive on the road as they have been at home, putting together identical 11-4 records home and away. The Red Sox have found a nice balance between offense and defense in the early going, and have already put together a +63 run differential, the best in the MLB.
While the Red Sox have been playing .500 ball in their last 10 games, they did manage to take 2 of 3 from the struggling Kansas City Royals in their last series and will be looking for even better here. David Price (2-3, 3.78 ERA) has struggled in his last two outings, so he needs a big game here.
Why bet on the Rangers MLB Lines?
It’s already looking as though it is going to be a long season for the Texas Rangers, as they are already 8 games below .500 and in the cellar in the AL West. Not only are they struggling to get the bats going, they are also giving up runs at an alarming rate, and are the only team in the division with a negative run differential at -47.
Their one saving grace has been the play of Joey Gallo, as he has already hit 10 HR and driven in 22 runs this season. It is the surrounding cast, save for perhaps Adrian Beltre, that are not holding up their end of the bargain. The Rangers will try to slow down the offensively gifted Red Sox by sending Mike Minor (2-1, 4.33 ERA) to the mound for this one.
Latest MLB Betting Trends
- Boston is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Texas
- Boston is 11-3 SU in its last 14 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Boston’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Texas
- Texas is 2-8 ATS in its last 10 games at home
- Texas is 2-8 SU in its last 10 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Texas’s last 6 games
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
If David Price struggles for the third consecutive start, the Rangers could find some joy here, but I do not believe that will happen. I have the Red Sox coming up with the win here.
Score: Boston Red Sox 6 – Texas Rangers 3