Prior to the start of every season in the MLB, fans, and bookies alike pick the teams that they believe will be challenging for a postseason run and an eventual run at the World Series. A few of those picks go exactly as expected, but there are always a couple of teams who fail to live up to the hype. For those that are able to live up to the expectations, getting to the postseason and doing what everyone believed they would mean winning games in the middle of June and other parts of the season when things start to become a bit of a grind.
The Milwaukee Brewers had a bit of a breakout season last year, which was why there were high hopes for them this season. They are currently at the top of the NL Central, but they are about to start a very winnable series that could also go wrong if they don’t maintain their focus against a struggling San Francisco Giants squad on the road. Milwaukee is favored by 1 ½ on Friday night, with the run total set at 8.
Brewers vs Giants MLB Odds, Game Info & Preview
- When: Friday, June 14 at 10:15 PM EST
- Where: AT&T Park, San Francisco
- Starting Pitchers: Davies vs. Pomeranz
- TV: MLB Extra Innings
- Radio: KNBR
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- MLB Odds: Milwaukee Brewers -150 (Total 8)
Why bet on the Milwaukee Brewers?
As we mentioned earlier, the Milwaukee Brewers are sitting atop the NL Central, but they are also just a single game up on their closest rivals, the Chicago Cubs. While the Brewers are a healthy 39-29, that record is perhaps a little below expectations. That record also means that they have the poorest win percentage of any of the division leaders across the National League.
Part of their issue has been that they have not been great defensively, as they have already given up 333 runs. It would not be a huge shock to see them go shopping for a pitcher at some point. Milwaukee is a game above .500 at 17-16 on the road, but they have gone just 3-6 ATS as a road favorite. They will send Zach Davies (7-0, 2.41 ERA) to the mound for this one.
- Runs: 5.09
- Hits: 8.79
- Walks: 3.82
- Strike Outs: 9.71
- Runs: 4.90
- Hits: 8.71
- Walks: 3.56
- Strike Outs: 9.47
Why bet on the San Francisco Giants?
It’s never easy to play in the same division as a team as dominant as the LA Dodgers have been over the last few seasons, but no matter what division they were in, the Giants would still be struggling. They are 28-38 on the year and about as far off the pace as you can be at this stage of the season.
That said, they have been better of late, going 6-4 SU in their last 10 games, so do not expect them to simply roll over and die against the Brewers. Home field is not a particularly great advantage for the Giants this season, as they are just 13-20 SU at AT&T Park. They have been a solid bet ATS over the last 10 games, covering in 7 of them. It will be Drew Pomeranz (1-6, 7.16 ERA) who gets the start here.
- Runs: 3.79
- Hits: 7.45
- Walks: 2.97
- Strike Outs: 8.79
- Runs: 5.05
- Hits: 8.58
- Walks: 3.27
- Strike Outs: 8.55
Brewers vs Giants MLB Betting Trends
- Brewers are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games against San Francisco
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Milwaukee’s last 6 games on the road
- Giants are 5-11 SU in their last 16 games against an opponent in the National League
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of San Francisco’s last 7 games against an opponent in the National League Central division
- Giants are 24-14 against the money line in June games over the last 2 seasons
- Brewers are 141-100 against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons
- Davies is 0-1 when starting against San Francisco with an ERA of 3.27 and a WHIP of 1.455
- Pomeranz is 0-1 when starting against Milwaukee with an ERA of 8.00 and a WHIP of 1.556
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Brewers vs Giants
This is a series that the Brewers should be able to win, and I like them to get off to a solid start on Friday night with the red-hot Davies on the mound, I am on Milwaukee to win and cover.
Score: Milwaukee Brewers 6 – San Francisco Giants 2