Washington Nationals at Chicago Cubs Baseball Lines Pick
While the rest of the nation took a day off to observe Memorial Day in the US, MLB players were hard at work on Monday. There were a lot of great games to take in, but perhaps none as intriguing as the one between the Washington Nationals and the Chicago Cubs. These are two teams that are going really well right now in their respective divisions and in the MLB odds. Game 1 is on as I write, so let’s take a look at Game 2 of the series, which is set for Tuesday night in Chicago.
Washington Nationals at Chicago Cubs Baseball Lines Pick & Game Info
Date/Time: Wednesday, May 26, 7:05 PM
Location: Wrigley Field, Chicago, Illinois
TV/radio: ESPN, MASN2, 106.7 The Fan
Opening Line: To be released.
There are few teams hotter than the Washington Nationals (26-18) right now, as they have gone an impressive 8-2 in their last 10 games. The pitching is beginning to be as expected, and they are matching that on offense, with Bryce Harper in particular putting on a show in recent weeks. Harper is really beginning to live up to the hype he came into the league with, and is leading the way in a number of different offensive categories in the NL. The Nationals have now built up a 2.5 game lead in the NL East, and will continue to increase that if the Mets can’t find a way to quickly get back on track. Jordan Zimmerman (4-2, 3.52 ERA) will start for the Nationals on Tuesday. Washington has won all 5 of Zimmerman’s last starts, during which he picked up 3 wins and a pair of no decisions.
Kris Bryant is a lot like Bryce Harper in that he entered the league with a ton of expectation loaded on his shoulders. During his first couple of months in the majors, he has very much lived up to the hype, and is a big reason why the Chicago Cubs (24-19) are having such a good start to the season. As great as all of that is for the Cubs, they will be well aware that younger players can start to wind down as the length of the season starts to get to them, which is why they are looking to make some hay in the early going. Chicago are coming off a disappointing series loss to the Arizona Cardinals, and they know that they will be in for a much sterner test in this 3-game set with Washington. Kyle Hendricks (1-1, 4.14 ERA) will get the ball for the Cubs in the second game. Hendricks is coming off a complete game shutout, and will be looking to keep things rolling.
Key Betting Trends
- Washington is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Washington’s last 17 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games
- Washington is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Washington’s last 8 games on the road
- Washington is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Chi Cubs
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of Washington’s last 18 games when playing Chi Cubs
- Washington is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Chi Cubs
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington’s last 7 games when playing on the road against Chi Cubs
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi Cubs’s last 6 games
- Chi Cubs is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Chi Cubs’s last 11 games at home
- Chi Cubs is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing Washington
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of Chi Cubs’s last 18 games when playing Washington
- Chi Cubs is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against Washington
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chi Cubs’s last 7 games when playing at home against Washington
Final Betting Thoughts
The last outing by Hendricks was something of an aberration when compared to his previous starts this season. I have my doubts that he will be able to pitch back to back gems, which is why I like the Nationals in this one.