Can Pirates Avoid Series Sweep Against MLB Betting Favorites Cubs?
After dropping the first two games of their three-game set, the Pittsburgh Pirates will be going all-out to avoid the series sweep when they host the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday night. If you’re looking for some mid-week MLB betting value, then look no further! I’ve got the bases covered, no pun intended!
Chicago (29-22) at Pittsburgh (28-26) MLB Betting Prediction
— Chicago Cubs (@Cubs) 30 de mayo de 2018
- When: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 7:05 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park
- TV: ATT-Pitt, NBC-Chicago
- Radio: Chicago 670 The Score / Pittsburgh 93.7 FM
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- MLB Betting Odds: Pittsburgh Pirates +130 / Chicago Cubs -150 (Over/Under at 8.5)
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Runs: Chicago Cubs 6.30 / Pittsburgh Pirates 4.60
- Hits: Chicago Cubs 11.00 / Pittsburgh Pirates 8.80
- Walks: Chicago Cubs 2.70 / Pittsburgh Pirates 2.60
- Strike Outs: Chicago Cubs 7.30 / Pittsburgh Pirates 8.60
- Chicago Cubs: Kyle Hendricks – R – (4-3, 3.16)
- Pittsburgh Pirates: Joe Musgrove – R – (1-0, 0.00)
Why Bet on The Chicago Cubs?
Why bet on the Cubs in this contest? Well, Chicago has the more potent offense, they’re playing good baseball and the Pirates are in a bad funk right now.
The Cubs took the series opener 7-0 on Monday night and came back to put eight runs on the board in their 8-6 win on Tuesday. Chicago belted out 14 hits and four walks with Anthony Rizzo smacking a solo homer and Ben Zobrist and Kyle Schwarber both going an identical 2-5 with home runs of their own.
Chicago has won three straight games and four of their last five overall and are looking for another good outing from veteran right-hander Kyle Hendricks after he limited San Francisco to one run on two hits in seven innings in his last start.
- Runs: 5.31
- Hits: 9.25
- Walks: 3.96
- Strike Outs: 8.22
- Runs: 3.76
- Hits: 7.41
- Walks: 4.31
- Strike Outs: 8.86
Why Bet On The Pittsburgh Pirates?
Why bet on the Pirates in this contest? The best reason to back the Pirates is that they’re playing at home where they’ve gone 16-13 this season.
Another good reason is that starting pitcher Joe Musgrove looked outstanding in his lone start of the year the last time out as he tossed seven innings of shutout ball against St. Louis in an 8-1 win on Friday. The Pirates have dropped four straight and eight of their last 10 so motivation won’t be a problem in this one.
- Runs: 4.72
- Hits: 8.76
- Walks: 3.28
- Strike Outs: 7.52
- Runs: 4.50
- Hits: 8.78
- Walks: 2.94
- Strike Outs: 8.28
Latest MLB Betting Trends
- Cubs are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- Cubs are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi Cubs’s last 6 games
- Pirates are 1-9 ATS in their last 10 games at home
- Pirates are 1-7 SU in their last 8 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Pittsburgh’s last 6 games when playing the Cubs
Expert Pick & Score Prediction
I know Joe Musgrove looked like a Cy Young winner the last time he took the mound, but I’m going to urge you to back the semi-hot Cubs to get the win in this one because of their prolific offense, which seems to be heating u along with the rising temperatures.
Chicago has gone 7-2 in Kyle Hendricks’ last 9 Wednesday starts and 8-3 in their last 11 when their opponent allows 5 runs or more in their previous game. Conversely, Pittsburgh is just 2-6 in their last eight games following a loss and 1-4 in their last five games against a right-handed starter. Back the Cubs to get it done people!
Score: Chicago Cubs 6 – Pittsburgh Pirates 3