Can Yankees Back Up the MLB Betting Odds Against Blue Jays?
While the New York Yankees have gotten off to a slow start despite being one of the MLB betting favorites to win it all this season, the Toronto Blue Jays are thriving with virtually none placed on them. Now, with the Bronx Bombers semi-desperate to pick up the pace, let’s find out if they can take down Toronto playing at home as the MLB odds favorite.
Toronto at New York MLB Betting Odds & Game Preview
— Toronto Blue Jays (@BlueJays) 19 de abril de 2018
- When: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 6:35 pm
- Where: Yankee Stadium
- TV: WPIX
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- MLB Odds: New York Yankees -165 / Toronto Blue Jays +140 (Over/Under at 9)
- All: Toronto Blue Jays 12-5 / New York Yankees 8-8
- Home: Toronto Blue Jays 7-3 / New York Yankees 4-4
- Away: Toronto Blue Jays 5-2 / New York Yankees 4-4
- ATS: Toronto Blue Jays 10-7 / New York Yankees 8-8
- Over/Under: Toronto Blue Jays 8-8-1 / New York Yankees 11-4-1
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Runs: Toronto Blue Jays 3.60 / New York Yankees 3.50
- Hits: Toronto Blue Jays 6.20 / New York Yankees 6.70
- Walks: Toronto Blue Jays 3.00 / New York Yankees 3.60
- Strike Outs: Toronto Blue Jays 10.70 / New York Yankees 7.50
- Toronto: A Sanchez (1-1) (3.66)
- New York: C.C. Sabathia – L (0-0) (4.00)
Why Bet on Toronto?
Why should you consider betting on Toronto in this series opener? The best reason is that the Bluejays are on fire right now, having won four straight and seven of their last eight games overall.
Toronto is coming off a three-game sweep of the Kansas City Royals on Wednesday night. Toronto took Game 1 on Monday, 11-3 before winning Game 2 5-4 in a hard-fought battle the next day. On Wednesday, the Jays exploded for 15 runs in a 15-5 drubbing of the Royals.
Toronto is ranked an impressive second in scoring (6.0 rpg), eighth in team batting average (.248), fifth in OPS (.776) and fifth in home runs (25). Right-hander Aaron Sanchez comes into this contest off a masterful outing in which he limited Baltimore to one earned run on three hits in 8.0 innings of a 2-1 win last Tuesday.
- Runs: 6.06
- Hits: 8.47
- Walks: 3.94
- Strike Outs: 9.53
- Runs: 3.82
- Hits: 8.53
- Walks: 3.24
- Strike Outs: 8.8
Why Bet on New York?
Why should you consider betting on New York in this series opener? Well, because the Yanks are semi-desperate, plus they still have a boatload of talent despite their slow start.
New York pounded Miami 12-1 in the opener of a two-game set on Monday, but they ended up on the wrong end of a humbling 9-1 loss to the Marlins on Tuesday. Still, the Yankees are ranked an encouraging fourth in scoring (5.6 rpg), seventh in team batting average (.248), fourth in OPS (.782) and eighth in home runs (22).
Veteran southpaw starter C.C. Sabathia will take the mound in this contest after allowing three earned runs on four hits, including three home runs in a 7-3 loss to Baltimore in his last start back on April 6.
- Runs: 5.62
- Hits: 8.75
- Walks: 4.75
- Strike Outs: 9.19
- Runs: 5.44
- Hits: 8.69
- Walks: 3.25
- Strike Outs: 11.31
Latest MLB Betting Trends
- Toronto is 107-110 against the money line in night games over the last 3 seasons
- CC Sabathia is 13-5 against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons
- Yankees are 2-2 against Toronto this season
- 3 of 4 games in this series have gone Under the Total this season
Expert MLB Betting Pick & Score Prediction
With the Bluejays pounding the ball offensively and right-hander Aaron Sanchez looking like a Cy Young contender in his last start, I’ve got to say the Toronto Bluejays are the pick to win and cash in on Thursday night.
The Jays are 5-0 in their last five during game one of a series and 5-1 in Sanchez’s last six starts during game one of a series. While the Yankees are 10-4 in their last 14 during game one of a series, New York is also an uninspiring 1-4 in their last five Thursday games. Simply put, I like the consistent Jays to get past a New York team that has underachieved so far this season despite their big expectations.
Score: Toronto Blue Jays 5 – New York Yankees 2