How to Bet on the Chicago Cubs at Philadelphia Phillies Opening MLB Lines & TV InfoDate/Time: Thursday, September 10, 2015 7:05 PM ET Venue: Citizens Bank Park TV: CSN Radio: 1210 WPHT, 94 WIP, WTTM 1680 (Sp.) Opening Lines: Chicago -270, Philadelphia +245 Jake Arrieta (18-6, 2.03 ERA) is on a 7-game winning streak, and has not given up an earned run in 4 straight starts. On paper, you would look at this 4-game series as a total mismatch, but these tend to be the types of series where good teams tend to relax a little too much. The Phillies (54-85) have certainly given the Cubs plenty of reasons to feel relaxed, as they are having a hard time finding wins at the moment. They did just snap a 5-game losing streak with a win over the Atlanta Braves, but that only took their record in the past 10 games to a pretty awful 3-7. When the Phillies do win, it tends to come against other MLB bottom feeders, which is just another reason why this series could turn ugly. Alec Asher (0-2, 10.61 ERA) has been as bad as the numbers suggest in his 2 starts for the Phillies so far.
Key Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chi Cubs’s last 6 games
- Chi Cubs is 12-6 SU in its last 18 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Philadelphia’s last 7 games
- Philadelphia is 4-9 SU in its last 13 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Philadelphia’s last 12 games at home