While it would appear that the NL Central division has turned into a two horse race between the Cardinals and the Pirates, it’s worth remembering that there have been some epic collapses in the second half of the season in recent years. That is why the Chicago Cubs will be so keen to stay within shouting distance of the leaders, as you just never know what will happen. They are in the midst of a 4-game MLB betting series with the Reds in Cincinnati, which will continue on Wednesday afternoon.
Inside Scoop at the Chicago Cubs vs Cincinnati Reds MLB Betting Lines Report & TV InfoDate/Time: Wednesday, July 22nd, 12:35 PMVenue: Great American Ball Park, Cincinnati, OHTV: ABC 7Radio: WBBM 780Opening Line: Cincinnati -115Dallas Beeler (0-0, 3.60 ERA) will make just his second start of the season on Wednesday.The spotlight may have been shining bright in Cincinnati over All-Star Weekend, but those light have dimmed now that the focus in back on the Reds (41-49). It was a disappointing first half of the season for the Reds, and one that closed out with a real whimper, as they lost 3 of 4 to a less than stellar Miami Marlins squad. The second half has not started so well either, with 2 of 3 games dropped to the Indians. The Reds did bounce back a little to take the first game of this series versus the Cubs, but everyone is well aware that the 16-game deficit between the Reds and the Cardinals atop the division is one that is highly unlikely to be closed. It may only be a couple more weeks before Cincinnati starts looking ahead to next season. Tony Cingrani (0-3, 3.47 ERA) will come off the DL to start on Wednesday.
MLB Betting Trends
- Chi Cubs is 3-5-2 SU in its last 10 games
- Chi Cubs is 2-2-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 10-3-2 SU in its last 15 games when playing Cincinnati
- Chi Cubs is 2-2-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Cincinnati
- Chi Cubs is 2-3-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Cincinnati
- Cincinnati is 1-2-2 SU in its last 5 games
- Cincinnati is 1-2-2 SU in its last 5 games at home
- Cincinnati is 1-2-2 SU in its last 5 games when playing Chi Cubs
- Cincinnati is 1-2-2 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Chi Cubs