Chicago White Sox at Cleveland Indians MLB Lines Prediction
In order to make the playoffs via the Wild Card route, you generally need a little bit of help from your enemies. That is certainly the case in the AL race, as there are a number of teams who are still in the hunt for delight of MLB betting fans. The Cleveland Indians are hanging in there, but they definitely need some help. They will look to help themselves when they welcome in the Chicago White Sox this weekend, with the final of 3 games set for Sunday.
A Look at the Chicago White Sox at Cleveland Indians MLB Lines Prediction & Game Info
Date/Time: Sunday, September 20, 2015 1:10 PM ET
Venue: Progressive Field, Cleveland, Ohio
TV: SportsTime Ohio
Radio: WTAM 1100, Indians Radio Network, WMMS 100.7
Opening Lines: Cleveland -175, Chicago WS +165
— Cleveland Indians (@Indians) September 19, 2015
The Cleveland Indians (72-72) are currently 4.5 games back of the final Wild Card spot, but they can take some solace in the fact that their remaining games give them a legitimate shot at getting in. That is because they still have 7 games to come against the Minnesota Twins, who are currently 3 games ahead of them in the race. There are still other teams ahead of them, which is why a little bit of help is going to be required if they are to overhaul the group in front. The Indians didn’t help themselves this week, taking a split in a 4-game series with the Kansas City Royals.
A similar type of performance against a struggling White Sox team could finally spell the end of their postseason hopes. Josh Tomlin (5-2, 2.70 ERA) has been excellent since coming back from injury, and gives Cleveland a real chance to win with every start.
When talking about the Chicago White Sox (69-76) in previous game previews, I have spent a ton of time talking about their pitching woes, and the poor performances of Jeff Samardzija in particular. That may have made it seem as though that is their only issue, but there are plenty of other problems besides what is happening on the mound. This is a team that is seriously lacking in power.
The fact that Adam Eaton became the team’s leading HR hitter when he hit his 13th of the year tells you all you need to know about their lack of power. Poor pitching and no pop in the bats is usually the perfect recipe for a postseason miss. John Danks (7-12, 4.56 ERA) will be on the mound for the White Sox on Sunday.
Key Betting Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 17 of Chi White Sox’s last 22 games when playing Cleveland
- Chi White Sox is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
- Chi White Sox is 7-15 SU in its last 22 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Chi White Sox’s last 12 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Cleveland’s last 6 games when playing Chi White Sox
- The total has gone UNDER in 17 of Cleveland’s last 22 games when playing Chi White Sox
- Cleveland is 15-7 SU in its last 22 games when playing at home against Chi White SoxCleveland is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Chi White Sox
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Cleveland’s last 12 games when playing at home against Chi White Sox
Consider This Before Placing Your Bet
The better play of the Cleveland Indians seemed to coincide with the return of Tomlin, which is why I think they will get another win with him on the mound this weekend.