Colorado at Washington MLB Lines & Expert Betting Pick
One of the biggest surprises in the very early stages of the 2018 MLB season has been the struggles of many of the teams who, according to the latest MLB lines, are among the favorites to be a World Series contender this year. These things tend to have a way of sorting themselves out over the course of a 162-game season, but it is still rather odd to be seeing so many of the big guns sporting so-so records. This Thursday sees a pair of playoff teams from last season go head to head, with both of them looking to turn a slow start into something a good deal more positive.
The Washington Nationals come in as the MLB betting favorites for this one and are considered a shoe-in to win the NL East in convincing fashion, but they are currently sitting 4th with a .500 record. Over in the West, things aren’t much better for a Colorado Rockies team that pushed the LA Dodgers all the way to the end of the season in 2017. These two teams are going to be fine, but they do really need to get on a winning run as soon as possible.
MLB Lines & Expert Betting Pick: Rockies vs. Nationals
After the fracas, we responded in a big way.
— Colorado Rockies (@Rockies) 12 de abril de 2018
- When: Thursday, April 12 at 7:05 PM EST
- Where: Nationals Park, Washington
- Starting Pitchers: Chad Bettis vs. Gio Gonzalez
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- MLB Lines: Washington Nationals -195 (Over/Under at 9)
- All: Colorado Rockies 6-7 / Washington Nationals 6-6
- Home: Colorado Rockies 2-4 / Washington Nationals 2-4
- Away: Colorado Rockies 4-3 / Washington Nationals 4-2
- ATS: Colorado Rockies 6-7 / Washington Nationals 5-7
- Over/Under: Colorado Rockies 6-6-1 / Washington Nationals 5-5-2
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Runs: Colorado Rockies 6.30 / Washington Nationals 7.20
- Hits: Colorado Rockies 10.50 / Washington Nationals 10.30
- Walks: Colorado Rockies 2.80 / Washington Nationals 3.20
- Strike Outs: Colorado Rockies 8.00 / Washington Nationals 8.30
Why Consider the MLB Lines for the Rockies?
Over the years, the Colorado Rockies have made Coors Field a very tough place for teams to go and win it, but they have not started well on the home field this season. They may actually be glad to get back out on the road, as that is where they have done their best work, posting a 4-2 record. Frustration seems to have seeped in already for the Rockies, although venting their anger may be the catalyst for change.
After losing the opening two games of the series to the San Diego Padres, the Rockies won the final game of that series, but not before Nolan Arenado charged the mound, sparking a major brawl. It’s not really the type of thing we want to see on the field, but it may just be the wake-up call that this team needed. Colorado will send Chad Bettis (1-0, 2.53 ERA) to the mound for this one.
- Runs: 3.92
- Hits: 7.69
- Walks: 3.54
- Strike Outs: 9.38
- Runs: 4.85
- Hits: 8.38
- Walks: 3.46
- Strike Outs: 8.23
Why Consider the MLB Lines for the Nationals?
The Nationals may have lost their last start, but their 3-game series against the Braves may be a sign that they are about to break out. The Nationals won the opening 2 games of that series, surrendering just a single run to an offense that has been unstoppable in the early going. They almost completed the sweep on Wednesday but ended up losing 5-3 in a game that went 12 innings.
The team era for the Nationals is down in 18th right now, although the series with the Braves suggests that it might be about to go a good deal lower. On the offensive side, it is once again the Bryce Harper show, as he has already hit 6 HR and driven home 12 runs, which means he has accounted for close to 25% of the runs this team has scored. Gio Gonzales (1-0, 1.59 ERA) will start for the Nats.
- Runs: 4.50
- Hits: 8.42
- Walks: 5.08
- Strike Outs: 8.58
- Runs: 4.67
- Hits: 7.92
- Walks: 3.42
- Strike Outs: 11.25
Latest NBA Betting Trends
- Rockies are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games
- Rockies are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Colorado’s last 5 games
- Nationals are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games
- Nationals are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
The Nationals have a losing home record to start the season, while the Rockies are winning on the road. That would suggest a win for Colorado here, which is where I am going with this one.
Score: Colorado Rockies 5 – Washington Nationals 4