Dodgers Come In As the MLB Betting Favorites vs. Diamondbacks
Los Angeles Dodgers will look to rebound in the finale of a two-game set when they host the division rival Arizona Diamondbacks on Wednesday at Dodger Stadium. Los Angeles dropped the opener against their NL West rivals 8-5 on Tuesday night. Once again, the come in as the favorites at the latest MLB betting odds, but Arizona surely has something to say about that.
Arizona at Los Angeles MLB Betting Odds & Prediction
A.J. Pollock had a pretty good week and now he has the NL Player of the Week award to show for it. 🔥 pic.twitter.com/0a8tEFVQtZ
— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) 7 de mayo de 2018
- When: Wednesday, May 9, 2018, 10:10 PM ET
- Where: Dodger Stadium
- TV: FSAZ, SNLA
- Live Stream:
- MLB Betting Odds: Los Angeles -123 / Arizona +113 (Over/Under at 6.5)
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Runs: Arizona Diamondbacks 5.10 / Los Angeles Dodgers 3.60
- Hits: Arizona Diamondbacks 8.60 / Los Angeles Dodgers 6.50
- Walks: Arizona Diamondbacks 3.00 / Los Angeles Dodgers 3.80
- Strike Outs: Arizona Diamondbacks 9.60 / Los Angeles Dodgers 8.80
- Arizona: Patrick Corbin – L (4-0, 2.15 ERA)
- Los Angeles: Alex Wood – L (0-3, 3.82 ERA)
Why Bet the Arizona Diamondbacks?
Why bet on Arizona? Well, because they’re better than Los Angeles at just about everything, that’s why! The D-Backs have won three straight and eight of their last 12 games while scoring at least four runs in five of their last six wins and an identical eight runs in two of those victories including Tuesday’s victory over L.A. Arizona’s 11-5 road mark is better than the Dodgers’ 7-9 home mark and the D-Backs rank a stellar second in team ERA (3.08).
Not only that, but left-hander Patrick Corbin has been lights out as he comes into this contest 4-0 with a 2.15 ERA and 60 strikeouts Corbin is just 4-9 with a 3.88 ERA and 79 strikeouts in his career against the Dodgers, but he’s also not the same pitcher that he was in the past apparently.
- Runs: 4.40
- Hits: 7.57
- Walks: 3.89
- Strike Outs: 9.60
- Runs: 3.34
- Hits: 7.34
- Walks: 3.20
- Strike Outs: 9.54
Why Bet the Los Angeles Dodgers?
Why bet on the Dodgers? Because they’ve dropped three straight and seven of 10 and are completely desperate right about now, that’s why! In addition to that, left-hander Alex Wood is a lot better than his winless record indicates. The Dodgers have lost three straight while allowing seven runs or more in two of those contests.
However, they won Alex Wood’s last start and again, they’re desperate. Wood is 5-4 with a 3.09 ERA and 55 strikeouts in his career against the Diamondbacks.
- Runs: 4.46
- Hits: 8.46
- Walks: 3.91
- Strike Outs: 8.74
- Runs: 4.26
- Hits: 8.49
- Walks: 3.29
- Strike Outs: 10.17
Latest MLB Betting Trends
- Arizona is 8-3 ATS in its last 11 games when playing LA Dodgers
- Arizona is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Arizona’s last 7 games
- Los Angeles is 4-12 ATS in its last 16 games
- Los Angeles is 4-10 SU in its last 14 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Dodgers’s last 6 games at home
Expert Analysis and Prediction
The Dodgers might be desperate and they might be playing at home, but they’re certainly not getting the win in this contest. The Diamondbacks are 4-1 in their last 5 during game 2 of a series, 8-3 in their last 11 Wednesday games and an impressive 12-4 in Patrick Corbin’s last 16 starts.
The Dodgers are an underwhelming 2-6 in their last 8 Wednesday games and have been a complete mess since the start of the season despite entering 2018 as one of the top favorites to win the 2018 World series. Arizona will get the win in this one like easy peasy!
Pick: Arizona Diamondbacks 6 – Los Angeles Dodgers 3