Dodgers vs. Pirates Game Preview, MLB Odds & Prediction
The Los Angeles Dodgers will be looking to double up on the Pittsburgh Pirates after cruising to an emphatic 5-0 shutout win in the opener of their three-game series on Tuesday. If you’re looking for some good value at the MLB odds for this week, this mid-week matchup is offering plenty of it. Now let’s find out where that value lies on Wednesday when the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Pittsburgh Pirates will be continuing their series.
Game Preview, MLB Odds & Prediction: Los Angeles (30-30) at Pittsburgh (30-30)
The #Dodgers go for their fifth straight win when they take on the Pirates today at 4:05 p.m. PT
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) 6 de junio de 2018
- When: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 7:05 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park
- TV: ATPT, SNLA
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- MLB Odds: Pittsburgh Pirates -104 / Los Angeles Dodgers -106 (Over/Under at 8)
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Runs: Los Angeles Dodgers 5.60 / Pittsburgh Pirates 3.40
- Hits: Los Angeles Dodgers 10.90 / Pittsburgh Pirates 7.10
- Walks: Los Angeles Dodgers 3.80 / Pittsburgh Pirates 3.50
- Strike Outs: Los Angeles Dodgers 7.70 / Pittsburgh Pirates 9.40
- Los Angeles Dodgers: Caleb Ferguson – L – (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
- Pittsburgh Pirates: Trevor Williams – R – (5-3, 3.84 ERA)
Why Consider the MLB Odds for the Dodgers?
Why should you consider betting on the Dodgers in this contest? Well, because they’re on fire right now, having won four straight games and seven of their last nine games overall. Not only that, but the Do9dgers have a young and red-hot hurler on the mound that the Pirates haven’t seen and that scenario always favors the pitcher – unless he gets overwhelmed.
Left-hander Caleb Ferguson will make his MLB debut after going 3-0 with a 1.53 ERA in the minors this year. The Dodgers swept Colorado in their three-game set by scoring at least 10 runs in each of the three games. Joc Pederson, Yasiel Puig, and Cody Bellinger all hit home runs in L.A.’s 5-0 shutout on Tuesday night while Ross Stripling didn’t give up a run in 5.0 innings despite allowing seven harmless hits.
- Runs: 4.63
- Hits: 8.18
- Walks: 3.63
- Strike Outs: 8.48
- Runs: 3.93
- Hits: 8.23
- Walks: 2.90
- Strike Outs: 9.82
Why Consider the MLB Odds for the Pirates?
Why should you consider betting on the Pirates in this mid-week matchup? Well, there’s the age-old ‘desperation factor’ the Pirates have going for them.
Outside of that, I guess another good reason would be that the Dodgers starting pitcher could be overwhelmed or overly anxious about making his big league debut and could fall to a case of the nerves.
- Runs: 4.52
- Hits: 8.62
- Walks: 3.15
- Strike Outs: 7.50
- Runs: 4.45
- Hits: 8.65
- Walks: 2.93
- Strike Outs: 8.17
Latest MLB Betting Trends
- Dodgers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games
- Dodgers are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Dodgers’s last 6 games
- Pirates are 5-14 ATS in their last 19 games
- Pirates are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 6 games
Expert Analysis and Prediction
The Dodgers might be trotting out a new and inexperienced starting pitcher in this contest, but they’re still the pick to win and cash in over a Pittsburgh team that has been shutout in each of their last two games and has been held to two runs or less six times in their last 10 games overall.
Pirates right-hander Trevor Williams has been awful in allowing at least four earned runs in each of his last three starts and I fully expect the Dodgers to smack him around in this one on Wednesday night. The Dodgers are an unblemished 8-0 in the last eight road games and that will be enough to get them the win in this one!
Score: Los Angeles Dodgers 6 – Pittsburgh Pirates 2