Closer Look at the Early Baseball Betting Predictions on the MLB Trade Deadline
Biggest Team Needs in the MLB TradeBlue Jays Need Improved Rotation and the Bullpen: The Blue Jays have been the top offensive team in the league, ranking best in the top run-scorers in MLB. Unfortunately, their pitching game has been far from effective, something that Toronto general manager Alex Anthopoulos openly admitted by saying the team needs “upgrades in the rotation and the bullpen.” Some of the possible upgrades for Toronto include Johnny Cueto (Reds), Mat Latos (Marlins) and Matt Garza (Brewers). By improving their pitching staff, the Jays would have a great chance at ending their AL East pennant drought. Astros Also Need a Starting Pitcher: Losing George Springer to a broken wrist injury was a devastating loss to Houston. Even so, the Astros have handled the injury quite well, including the sweep of the Royals last week. That notwithstanding, the Astros will need to get a solid starting pitcher if they are to maintain their terrific showing this season. Getting a player like Scott Kazmir (Athletics) that has been linked with them and has Houston roots, could be a good option, among other options in the market. Mets in Dire Need of Bats and a Shortstop: With tons of talent in pitching and major lacks in their hitting department, the Mets could do with any form of trade that would help them get a shortstop and a couple of bats. Possible trades with teams like the Cubs and Rockies, who need pitchers but have bats to spare, could easily make a deal with the New York Mets.
Top Targets with Better MLB Trading OddsThe rumors about targeted players are plenty and they keep on changing almost on daily basis, so the list of players listed below may be obsolete tomorrow or a week from now. But for the purposes of giving you real-time updates, here are the hottest MLB Trade Deadline commodities right now (ordered on a team-basis):
- Cole Hamels, LHP, Phillies
- Jonathan Papelbon, RHP, Phillies
- Aroldis Chapman, LHP, Reds
- Johnny Cueto, RHP, Reds
- Carlos Gomez, CF, Brewers
- Aramis Ramirez, 3B, Brewers
- Francisco Rodriguez, RHP, Brewers
- Mike Napoli, 1B, Red Sox
- Ben Zobrist, LF/2B, Athletics
- Carlos Gonzalez, RF, Rockies
- Jeff Samardzija, RHP, White Sox
- Justin Upton, LF, Padres
Possible Moves for Some of the Top TargetsOf the above targets, here are some well-informed speculations about where they could end up:
- Cole Hamels: The Los Angeles Dodgers, Texas Rangers and the New York Yankees are some of the top teams Hamels has been linked with so far. Prediction: Hamels joins the Rangers.
- Jonathan Papelbon: Linked with the Toronto Blue Jays and Houston Astros. Prediction: Papelbon joins the Blue Jays.
- Johnny Cueto: Linked with the Houston Astros and Los Angeles Dodgers: Prediction: Cueto joins Dodgers.
- Jeff Samardzija: Linked with the Toronto Blue Jays, Kansas City Royals, Minnesota Twins, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, NY Yankees, and Houston Astros. Prediction: Samardzija joins the Astros
- Francisco Rodriguez: Stays with the Brewers
- Justin Upton: Stays with the Padres