The AL East has proven to be one of the most interesting divisions in baseball this season, with just 1 game separating the top 4 teams, all of whom have a winning record. The Tampa Bay Rays are sharing the lead with the Baltimore Orioles at the moment, and will have a chance to take the lead outright when they welcome in the Cleveland Indians for a 4-game series with great MLB odds. The third game of the series is set for Wednesday night.
Taking a Look at the Expert MLB Lines Pick on Cleveland at Tampa Bay & Game IngoTime: Wednesday July 1st, 7:10 p.m. ETVenue: Tropicana Field, St. PetersburgNational TV: noneOpening line: Indians -110, Rays +100 (7)If you need any proof of just how tight the AL East is, you need only look at how the Tampa Bay Rays (42-36) have been playing over the past couple of weeks. They are just 4-6 in their last 10 games, yet still find themselves in a tie with the Orioles for the top spot. If they want to maintain that, though, they are going to have to start finding ways to win games again. They have lost back to back series versus the Toronto Blue Jays and the Boston Red Sox, and have lost the first game in this current series with the Indians. They do have some recent history with Cleveland, having taken 2 of 3 from them before going on the aforementioned skid. The good news for the Rays is that they are starting to get healthy, so all they really have to do right now is keep things close through the first half. Alex Colome (3-3, 4.50 ERA) will start, and will finally hope to get some run support. The Rays have lost each of the last 7 games he has started, scoring 3 or fewer runs in 5 of them.The Cleveland Indians (34-41) are slowly but surely starting to see their season slip away, as they seem unable to get anything going right now. They have now lost 3-straight series and find themselves 11 games out of the division lead. They have had real problems getting runs across home plate in the past few weeks, and have been on the receiving end of some particularly unpleasant beatings. The 17-0 spanking by the Chicago Cubs is one that is going to sting for quite some time. They did manage to find some power in the first game of this series, coming out 7-1 winners, but it’s hard to see them maintaining that level of play given their current form. Carlos Carrasco (9-6, 4.16 ERA) will start for the Indians on Wednesday.
Key Betting Trends
- Tampa Bay is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- Tampa Bay is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Tampa Bay’s last 7 games when playing Cleveland
- Tampa Bay is 15-8 SU in its last 23 games when playing at home against Cleveland
- Tampa Bay is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Cleveland
- Cleveland is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- Cleveland is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cleveland’s last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cleveland’s last 7 games when playing Tampa Bay
- Cleveland is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Tampa Bay