While the race for the playoffs in both the AL and NL are beginning to heat up, there are teams in either conference who would just be happy to win a series at this point. The Boston Red Sox and Miami Marlins have been pretty awful this MLB betting season, but it’s still fun to watch which teams will try to fight to the very end. These two will play a short series in Miami, with the second of the two games set for Wednesday.
How to Bet on the Expert MLB Odds Pick on Boston Red Sox at Miami Marlins & TV InfoDate/Time: Wednesday, August 12th, 4:10 PMVenue: Marlins Park, Miami, FLTV: FS-FRadio: 940 AM WINZ, WAQI 710Opening Line: Boston -120Eduardo Rodriguez (6-4, 4.17 ERA) has pitched very well in his last 3 starts, and will be looking for more of the same on Wednesday.The Miami Marlins (44-68) are beginning to look as though they will end the season with the worst record in baseball. Any valuable playing assets that they had on their squad were sent packing at the trade deadline, and they now only have a handful of players who are contracted beyond the 2015 season. It’s really tough to see where this team is going to go from this point forward, as they really don’t seem to have any sort of future plan in place. You have to go back to 2009 to find the last time this franchise finished over .500, and that is not something that looks as though it is going to change anytime soon. Adam Conley (1-0, 4.05 ERA) will step out of the bullpen to take on the starting role on Wednesday.
Key Betting Trends
BOSTON RED SOX
- Boston is 8-16-1 SU in its last 25 games
- Boston is 3-10-1 SU in its last 14 games on the road
- Boston is 7-0-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing Miami
- Boston is 4-1-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Miami
- Miami is 1-6-1 SU in its last 8 games
- Miami is 1-7-1 SU in its last 9 games at home
- Miami is 0-4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Boston
- Miami is 1-4-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Boston