It is somewhat sad to see a once-proud organization go into total freefall, especially when it appears that there is no way back up. The New York Yankees have had a couple of lean years, but you always felt that they could bounce back at any time. The same cannot be said for the truly awful Philadelphia Phillies. These two teams will meet in New York for a 3-game series to kick off the new week. Game 2 of the series is set for Tuesday night, as the Yankees head into the game as favorites in the sports betting odds.
Quick Look at the Free MLB Betting Pick on Philadelphia at NY Yankees & Game InfoDate/Time: Tuesday, June 23rd, 5:05 PMLocation: Yankee Stadium, Bronx, New YorkTV: YESRadio: WFAN 660/101.9 FM, WADO 1280Opening MLB Odds: Yankees -244CC Sabathia (3-7, 5.31 ERA) will get the start on Tuesday. The Yankees have won 3 of the last 4 games he has started.The Phillies (24-47) have been nothing short of awful this season, but events that transpired last week made things even worse. The 19-3 loss at the hands of the Orioles is bad enough, but the comedy of errors that took place make it downright shameful. With the phone in the bullpen off the hook, manager Ryne Sandberg was forced to send outfielder Jeff Francouer to the mound, where he proceeded to throw 48 pitches. They eventually got the attention of the bullpen using some towel waving semaphore, but the damage was already done. Chase Utley went on a rant for the ages after the game, leaving many to wonder just how much longer Sandberg will hold the manager position. It will be Sean O’Sullivan (1-5, 4.79), not Francouer, who gets the start on Tuesday.
Top Betting Trends
- Philadelphia is 2-11-1 SU in its last 14 games
- Philadelphia is 0-4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Philadelphia is 3-5-1 SU in its last 9 games when playing NY Yankees
- Philadelphia is 2-3-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against NY Yankees
New York Yankees
- NY Yankees is 4-1-1 SU in its last 6 games
- NY Yankees is 11-2-1 SU in its last 14 games at home
- NY Yankees is 2-3-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Philadelphia