There is nothing quite like being in control of your own destiny, but that is not a luxury that is afforded to teams who are currently on the outside looking in at the playoff picture. It is possible to help the cause by beating sport betting odds against the teams who are also in the hunt, and that is why the series between the Baltimore Orioles and Minnesota Twins is so crucial. They will play a 4-game series in Baltimore that could spell the end of the road for one of them. Game 2 of that series will go on Friday night.
A Brief Report on the Friday MLB Odds Pick on Baltimore Orioles at Minnesota Twins & Game InfoDate/Time: Friday, August 21st, 7:05 PMVenue: Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Baltimore, MDTV: MASNRadio: 105.7 The FanOpening line: Baltimore -168Tommy Milone (6-3, 3.65 ERA) will get the start for the Twins on Friday.The Orioles (62-57) are very much alive and well in the Wild Card race, and are now just a half game behind the LA Angels for the final Wild Card spot. The Angels look like a fragile bunch at the moment, and the O’s have to know that they are there for the taking. Winning this series might not only kill off the challenge of the Twins, it may also have Baltimore in the playoffs by the time the weekend draws to a close. It certainly helps that the Orioles are at home for this one, as they have complied an impressive 37-21 record at Camden yards this season. Wei-Yin Chen (7-6, 3.62 ERA) will get the start as he looks to extend his unbeaten streak to 6 games.
Key Betting Trends
- Minnesota is 1-3-1 SU in its last 5 games
- Minnesota is 0-4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Minnesota is 4-0-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Baltimore
- Minnesota is 1-3-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Baltimore
- Baltimore is 5-1-1 SU in its last 7 games
- Baltimore is 5-1-1 SU in its last 7 games at home
- Baltimore is 0-4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Minnesota