Game Info, MLB Odds & Betting Pick: Houston at Seattle
The defending World Series champion Houston Astros will look to make it three in a row over the struggling and MLB odds underdog Seattle Mariners when they square off in an afternoon matchup at Safeco Field on Thursday. If you want to know whether the Astros are the pick behind veteran right-hander Charlie Morton or whether the Mariners can pull off the home upset, let’s get to my expert MLB preview and pick.
Astros vs. Mariners Game Info, MLB Odds & Betting Pick
— Mariners (@Mariners) 19 de abril de 2018
- When: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 3:40 pm
- Where: Safeco Field
- TV: ATSW, RTNW
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- MLB Odds: Seattle Mariners +170 / Houston Astros -205 (Over/Under at 9)
- All: Houston Astros 12-7 / Seattle Mariners 9-7
- Home: Houston Astros 6-3 / Seattle Mariners 5-4
- Away: Houston Astros 6-4 / Seattle Mariners 4-3
- ATS: Houston Astros 9-10 / Seattle Mariners 11-5
- Over/Under: Houston Astros 6-13 / Seattle Mariners 10-6
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Runs: Houston Astros 4.70 / Seattle Mariners 2.30
- Hits: Houston Astros 8.40 / Seattle Mariners 6.50
- Walks: Houston Astros 3.80 / Seattle Mariners 1.40
- Strike Outs: Houston Astros 7.10 / Seattle Mariners 9.60
- Houston: Charlie Morton – R (2-0) (1.00)
- Seattle: Marco Gonzales – L (1-1) (8.26)
Why Consider the Astros MLB Odds?
Why should you consider betting on Houston as a road favorite in this afternoon matchup? Well, because the ‘Stros are the better team and have the better starting pitcher in this one. Houston has won two straight after dropping their previous three games and they’ve pounded the Mariners by a combined score of 11-2 over their last two games, including a commanding 7-1 win on Wednesday.
Charlie Morton takes the mound coming off a commanding start the last time out as he limited Texas to two earned runs on six hits in 6.0 innings of a narrow 6-5 loss to the Rangers five days ago. Morton is also looking to improve on his 1-2 career mark and 3.80 ERA against the Mariners.
- Runs: 4.16
- Hits: 8.00
- Walks: 3.79
- Strike Outs: 9.26
- Runs: 2.79
- Hits: 6.95
- Walks: 2.74
- Strike Outs: 11.21
Why Consider the Mariners MLB Odds?
Why should you consider betting on Seattle in this contest? The best reason would be because they’re playing at home where they’ve gone 5-4 on the year so far.
The Mariners have lost three of their last four games, but that’s the not the bad news. No, the worst part is that Seattle has been limited to an identical one run in each of their last four contests. There’s also some more bad news in the fact that left-hander Marco Gonzalez has given up four earned runs in each of his last two starts while not throwing more than 3.1 innings in either outing.
- Runs: 4.12
- Hits: 7.94
- Walks: 2.81
- Strike Outs: 7.62
- Runs: 4.62
- Hits: 8.25
- Walks: 3.06
- Strike Outs: 8.44
Latest MLB Betting Trends
- Houston is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games
- Houston is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games when playing Seattle
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Houston’s last 13 games
- Seattle is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games
- Seattle is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against Houston
- he total has gone OVER in 10 of Seattle’s last 15 games
Expert Analysis and Prediction
Seattle is struggling mightily right now while Houston wants to start putting the pedal to the metal after their sluggish start. With that said, the defending champion Astros are the ‘super-easy’ pick to win this one outright.
The Astros are a red-hot 14-5 in their last 19 games against their AL West division rivals and 7-3 in Charlie Morton’s last 10 starts while Seattle has gone 2-7 in their last 9 during game 4 of a series, 3-9 in their last 12 Thursday games and 2-8 in their last 10 home games against a team with a winning road record. Last but not least, Houston is also 6-1 in the last 7 meetings in Seattle and 7-1 in the last 8 meetings overall. Houston wins outright by a bunch!
Score: Houston Astros 6 – Seattle Mariners 1