Game Preview & MLB Betting Prediction: Colorado vs. San Francisco
The Colorado Rockies will hit the road to take on the NL West rival San Francisco Giants on Thursday night in the opener of a four-game set. On Wednesday, right-hander Chad Bettis celebrated his one-year anniversary since he underwent his final chemotherapy treatment following testicular surgery. Bettis will be on the mound Thursday when the Rockies resume their nine-game road trip as the MLB betting underdogs against the San Francisco Giants with Jeff Samardzija at the mount.
Now, let’s find out which team is offering a better value at the latest pro-baseball odds to win.
Rockies (23-20) at Giants (22-22) Game Preview & MLB Betting Prediction
Ready for a brand new, four-game series. Chad’s got the ball tonight in SF!
— Colorado Rockies (@Rockies) 17 de mayo de 2018
- When: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 10:15 pm
- Where: AT&T Park
- TV: ATT SportsNet-RM / NBCS BA
- Radio: Colorado 94.1 FM / KXZM 93.7
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- MLB Betting Odds: San Francisco Giants -125/Colorado Rockies +115 (Total at 8)
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Runs: Colorado Rockies 3.90 / San Francisco Giants 5.20
- Hits: Colorado Rockies 10.00 / San Francisco Giants 10.70
- Walks: Colorado Rockies 3.40 / San Francisco Giants 3.20
- Strike Outs: Colorado Rockies 8.40 / San Francisco Giants 8.40
- Colorado – Chad Bettis – R(4-1, 3.12 ERA)
- San Francisco – Jeff Samardzija – R (1-2, 6.94 ERA)
Why Bet On Colorado?
Why bet on Colorado in this contest? Well, because the Rockies are desperate right about now, having dropped five of their last seven games, although they are a respectable 2-2 over their last four. Another great reason to back Colorado is that San Francisco’s Jeff Samardzija has been pretty damned awful this season.
The Rockies are coming off a 4-0 loss against San Diego on Tuesday, but they did put six runs on the board in a 6-4 win over the Padres on Monday. Chad Bettis will be looking for a better performance after getting smacked around for seven earned runs on ten hits in five innings of an 11-10 loss to Milwaukee in his last start.
- Runs: 3.98
- Hits: 7.58
- Walks: 3.37
- Strike Outs: 9.23
- Runs: 4.49
- Hits: 8.21
- Walks: 3.44
- Strike Outs: 8.56
Why Bet On San Francisco?
Why bet on the Giants in this NL West showdown? Because San Francisco has been playing well lately, winning three of their last four, although they do come into this contest off a humbling 6-3 loss against Cincinnati on Wednesday.
Prior to that contest, Frisco had won each of their previous three games while scoring five runs twice and 10 runs against the Reds in the middle game of their three-game set. Jeff Samardzija will be looking for a better outing after giving up a whopping ten runs on eleven hits and five walks over his last two starts spanning 12.1 innings.
- Runs: 4.07
- Hits: 8.91
- Walks: 2.95
- Strike Outs: 9.45
- Runs: 4.66
- Hits: 8.45
- Walks: 3.45
- Strike Outs: 7.59
Latest MLB Betting Trends
- Colorado is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
- Colorado is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Colorado’s last 10 games
- San Francisco is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- San Francisco is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 6 games
- Bettis is 3-3 when starting against San Francisco with an ERA of 4.20 and a WHIP of 1.156
- Samardzija is 4-5 when starting against Colorado with an ERA of 4.04 and a WHIP of 1.163
Expert Analysis and Prediction
I’m just going to get right to the point by saying that the best pick for this series opener is a pick for the Over eight total runs. I know this figure might look a bit high, but seeing how awfully both Chad Bettis and Jeff Samardzija have thrown lately, I don’t think it’s much of a stretch at all. The Over is 3-0-1 in San Francisco’s last 4 home games, 4-1-1 in the Giants’ last 6 games overall and 5-0 in Jeff Samardzija’s last five starts overall.
Pick: Over 8 Total Runs