One stat that is often overlooked amid all the numbers that baseball delivers is run differential. It can be a little misleading, but a large positive number is usually a sign that you have a good balance between offense and defense. The Houston Astros are among the best in the league when it comes to run differential, and they will be trying to improve on that when they and their MLB Betting fans welcome in the Seattle Mariners on Wednesday night.
Houston Astros vs Seattle Mariners MLB Lines PredictionScott Kazmir (7-9, 2.45 ERA) has pitched well since coming over from Oakland, but has not received much in the way of run support.It is going to be an interesting offseason for the Seattle Mariners (61-71), especially since there is going to be a new GM in town. The Mariners ownership finally grew tired of the lack of progress being made by Jack Zduriencik, and decided it was time to show him the door. You hate to see someone lose their job, but the fact of the matter is that the Mariners may actually have gotten worse under his reign.There are likely to be sweeping changes made by whoever gets the job next, which means all of the guys on this ball club will essentially be trying out for a spot in the final few weeks of the season. Taijuan Walker (10-7, 4.53 ERA) has been pitching well of late, and will be looking for his third straight win on Wednesday.
Key Betting Trends
- Seattle is 4-12 SU in its last 16 games when playing Houston
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Seattle’s last 9 games when playing Houston
- Seattle is 1-9 SU in its last 10 games when playing on the road against Houston
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Seattle’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Houston
- Houston is 12-4 SU in its last 16 games when playing Seattle
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Houston’s last 9 games when playing Seattle
- Houston is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games when playing at home against Seattle
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Houston’s last 5 games when playing at home against Seattle