MLB Betting Lines on St. Louis at Arizona Game Preview & TV InfoDate/Time: August 26, 9:40 PM ET Venue: Chase Field, Arizona TV: FS-A Radio: Arizona Sports 98.7 FM, KSUN La Mejor 1400 (Sp.) Opening Lines: Cardinals -102, Diamondbacks -108 The Cardinals (79-45) still have the best record in baseball, but it’s not by the huge margin that it once was. The Pittsburgh Pirates are nipping at their heels in the NL Central, while over in the AL, the Kansas City Royals just keep on winning. It’s hard to feel sorry for a team that has been this good all year long, but you have to wonder when the injury Gods are going to start being kind to the Cards. I can’t remember a team getting hit this hard and still finding a way to win on a consistent basis (just ask fans of the Washington Nationals how their team has fared with a large number of starters on the DL). The sky isn’t necessarily falling in St. Louis, but the 3 losses they suffered last week are not what we are used to seeing this season. John Lackey (10-8, 2.99 ERA) has pitched well in his last 5 starts, yet still only managed a 1-3 record. It was a case of “Mission Accomplished” for the Arizona Diamondbacks (62-62) last week, as a sweep of the Cincinnati Reds helped them cross the .500 threshold once again. Of course, they came right back to earth after losing the first game in this series, but you still have to admire the fight in this club. They have spent the majority of the season on or around .500, and it certainly looks as though that is where they will end up. The Dodgers and Giants are slipping up in the West, but the D-Backs can’t seem to hold things together long enough to mount a serious challenge. They are 5.5 games back of the division leading Dodgers, but if they can’t become more consistent, it may as well be 15.5. Patrick Corbin (3-3, 4.09 ERA) has been a little inconsistent since returning from Tommy John surgery, but that is to be expected.
Key Betting Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of St. Louis’s last 10 games when playing Arizona
- St. Louis is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games when playing on the road against Arizona
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of St. Louis’s last 9 games when playing on the road against Arizona
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Arizona’s last 10 games when playing St. Louis
- Arizona is 3-8 SU in its last 11 games when playing at home against St. Louis
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Arizona’s last 9 games when playing at home against St. Louis