While there are a bunch of teams fighting it out for the precious playoff spots, others are already looking ahead to next year. There are quite a few teams who are going to have some work to do in the offseason if they hope to be in contention next baseball betting season. The Miami Marlins and Milwaukee Brewers are among that group, and they will get a chance to size each other up when they meet in Milwaukee to close out their 3-game series on Wednesday.
A Quick Look at the Miami Marlins at Milwaukee Brewers MLB Odds Analysis & Game InfoDate/Time: Wednesday, August 19th, 2:10 PMVenue: Miller Park, Milwaukee, WITV: FSWIRadio: 940 AM WINZ, WAQI 710Opening Line: Milwaukee -139Wily Peralta (3-7, 4.07 ERA) will be on the mound as he goes in search of back to back wins.The future looks a little more up in the air for the Miami Marlins (48-70). They also made a number of trades at the deadline, but it was more of an attempt to offload payroll than build for the future. This is a team that now only had a handful of guys signed beyond this season, which means they are likely to be doing a lot of shopping in the offseason. In fairness, this is a team that needed to be blown up and rebuilt, as this season has been nothing short of a disaster. The Marlins are actually having a decent run of form at the moment, having won 5 of their last 7, with the two losses coming against a vastly superior St. Louis Cardinals team. Tom Koehler (8-10, 3.68 ERA) will start, and will be trying to snap a 4-game losing streak.
Key Betting Trends
- Miami is 7-15-1 SU in its last 23 games
- Miami is 3-8-1 SU in its last 12 games on the road
- Miami is 4-8-1 SU in its last 13 games when playing Milwaukee
- Miami is 6-16-1 SU in its last 23 games when playing on the road against Milwaukee
- Milwaukee is 8-15-1 SU in its last 24 games
- Milwaukee is 4-1-1 SU in its last 6 games at home
- Milwaukee is 2-3-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Miami
- Milwaukee is 16-6-1 SU in its last 23 games when playing at home against Miami
- Milwaukee is 2-3-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Miami