With half of the MLB midseason now in the books, it’s probably a good time to take a serious look at each team to see who might be crowned as World Series champions this year. The wheeling and dealing has already begun, but there is still some time to go before the trade deadline comes to a close, which means there are some moves that could yet be made that might drastically change the playoff picture.Those moves may end up rendering my prediction moot, but I am still going to go ahead and look at each league and predict who will prevail in each, so let’s take a quick look at the updated MLB betting odds here.
Analyzing The 2017 MLB Midseason Review and Revised World Series Picks
American League MLB Midseason PredictionsLet’s start in the East Division, where we have a bit of a race going on between the Boston Red Sox and Tampa Bay Rays. The Yankees have fallen off the pace, but have already made some deals that they hope will strengthen their team in the second half. Boston Red Sox look to be the team to beat here, but I think the Rays might be able to sneak into a Wild Card spot.The Central Division is tighter than we all thought it was going to be, as the expectation was that the Cleveland Indians would run away with it. They are on top right now, although only just. I think they will pull away in the second half, with the Royals likely to be their biggest challenger. I think it will be KC who join the Tampa Bay Rays in the Wild Card game.The West Division is as good as done, as the Houston Astros have already built what looks to be an unassailable lead. None of the other teams in this division have really been able to put together the sort of run that suggests they would be able to make it to the postseason via the Wild Card.Unless the Astros run into some serious injury problems, it’s tough to see anyone from this group beating them in a series. I think they will power through the playoffs and represent the AL in the World Series.
Boston Red Sox Trends
- Boston is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Boston’s last 5 games
- Boston is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Boston’s last 5 games at home
- Boston is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Toronto
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boston’s last 5 games when playing Toronto
- Boston is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Toronto
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Boston’s last 5 games when playing at home against Toronto
- Boston is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing Toronto
National League MLB Midseason PredictionsThe East Division looks to be done and dusted, as the Washington Nationals have powered their way to an 11.5-game lead. The fact that none of the other 4 teams in the division have been able to hit .500 at this stage in the season should tell you all you need to know about this division. The Nationals will have this thing wrapped up sooner rather than later.The Central Division is where things are perhaps the most intriguing, as the World Champion Chicago Cubs did not play well through the first half of the season. They have opened up the second half with 6-straight wins, though, and it looks as though they are about to get serious. I like them to win the division, as I think the Brewers will falter coming down the stretch.You have three teams in the West who could very easily be in the playoffs, and I believe that is exactly how things will play out. The Dodgers look like the cream of the crop here, and while I like them to own the division, I think the Rockies and the Diamondbacks will tighten things up a little in the second half. Those two teams could well be going head to head in the NL Wild Card Game.I believe that the NL is going to come down to a battle between the Dodgers and the Cubs, and I think it will be LA who prevail and move on to meet the Astros in the World Series.
Milwaukee Brewers Trends
- Milwaukee is 9-4 ATS in its last 13 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Milwaukee’s last 5 games
- Milwaukee is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Milwaukee’s last 5 games on the road
- Milwaukee is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing Pittsburgh
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Milwaukee’s last 5 games when playing Pittsburgh
- Milwaukee is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Milwaukee’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
- Milwaukee is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh