It seems that the best teams in the league always have an opponent they should beat with relative ease, but who they always seem to struggle against for the shock of MLB betting fans. In the case of the Pittsburgh Pirates, that team would be the Milwaukee Brewers. This has been especially true in the second half, with the Brewers now on a 4-game winning streak over the Pirates. These two will close out a 3-game series in Milwaukee on Thursday.
A Quick Look at the Milwaukee Brewers vs Pittsburgh Pirates Free MLB Lines Report & Game InfoDate/Time: Thursday, September 2, 7:20 PM ETVenue: Miller Park, Milwaukee, WisconsinTV: ROOT SPORTSRadio: KDKA-FM 93.7Opening Lines: Pittsburgh -145, Milwaukee +135Francisco Liriano (9-6, 3.28 ERA) might just be the man to help turn things around, as the Pirates have won in each of his last 11 starts.
The Brewers (56-75) are on what you might call a little bit of a hot streak right now. They have won 3 of their last 4 games, and have tallied 25 runs during that stretch. As bad as the season has been for fans of the Brewers, you have to admit that this team has been fun to watch since the trade deadline. They have a lot of young guys in their line-up, and while there is still a pretty big learning curve ahead for this group, they are showing signs that they are headed in the right direction.Winning games against good teams like the Pirates will only help boost the confidence of the less experienced guys. Matt Garza (6-14, 5.62 ERA) will try to make it 2 wins on the trot when he starts on Thursday night.
Key Betting Trends
- Pittsburgh is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing Milwaukee
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 7 games when playing Milwaukee
- Pittsburgh is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Milwaukee
- Milwaukee is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing Pittsburgh
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Milwaukee’s last 7 games when playing Pittsburgh
- Milwaukee is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Pittsburgh