After a stunning late game win over the Milwaukee Brewers in the wildcard game, Washington heads to Dodger Stadium to take on mighty Los Angeles on Thursday, Oct. 3. Can the Nationals keep things going with an upset win in Game 1? See below for the MLB Playoffs odds, analysis and a free pick for Nationals vs Dodgers Game 1!
Nationals vs Dodgers 2019 NLDS Game 1 Odds, Analysis & Prediction
- When: Thursday, Oct. 3 at 5:02pm ET
- Where: Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA
- TV: TBS
- Radio: Nationals / Dodgers
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- Moneyline: Dodgers -180 / Nationals +148
- Over/Under Total: TBD
Why Washington Nationals are a good bet +148?
The Washington Nationals were down 1-3 in the 8th inning against the Brewers. Things looked dire for sure because the Nats had 2 outs. A hit by 20-year-old Juan Soto, and a subsequent error by outfielder Trent Grisham, led to a 4-3 Nationals win.
Washington heads to L.A. with a ton of momentum. Often, when a team gets on a roll, they stay on a roll. The Nationals have a real shot of shocking the Dodgers in this Game 1 on Thursday.
- Runs/G: 5.39
- BA: .265
- OPS: .796
- HR: 231
- SB: 116
- ERA: 4.27
- WHIP: 1.29
- KS: 1511
- Quality Starts: 87
- Errors: 87
Why L.A. Dodgers are a good bet -180?
The L.A. Dodgers begin their quest for a third straight National League Pennant on Thursday. The Dodgers have been one of the most focused teams in Major League Baseball since the beginning of the season. The Dodgers rank first in starting rotation ERA at 3.39, fifth in bullpen ERA at 3.85, and tenth in hitting with a .257 team batting average. After two straight World Series appearances, the L.A. Dodgers feel this year is their time. The quest for a championship start with a Game 1 victory over the Washington Nationals.
- Runs/G: 5.47
- BA: .257
- OPS: .809
- HR: 278
- SB: 57
- ERA: 3.39
- WHIP: 1.10
- KS: 1519
- Quality Starts: 80
- Errors: 106
MLB Playoffs Betting Trends for Nationals vs Dodgers Game 1
- Nationals are 36-16 in their last 52 overall
- Nationals are 8-0 in their last 8 versus a team with a winning record
- The total went UNDER in 5 of Washington’s last 6 games when playing on the road against the Dodgers
- Dodgers are 37-17 in their last 54 overall
- Dodgers are 52-24 in their last 76 games following an off day
- Under is 4-1 in Dodgers last 5 versus the National League East
National vs Dodgers NLDS Game 1 Betting Analysis
Manager Dave Roberts announced on Wednesday that Hyun-Jin Ryu will get the start Game 1. Like Clayton Kershaw, Ryu has been close to unhittable at home. His overall ERA is 2.32. His ERA at home is a fantastic 1.93. Ryu went 10-1 in 14 games started at home during the regular season.
Not only that, but Washington bats a dreadful 2.02 against the Dodgers’ ace. Almost as important? The Nationals started Max Scherzer in Tuesday’s victory over the Brewers. They put Stephen Strasburg into the game before it got out of control. Neither figures to throw on Thursday. That leaves Patrick Corbin to get the start.
Corbin has had good success versus the Dodgers. But, once he leaves the game, who will enter? Washington has only 5 relievers on their postseason roster. Dodgers could make this ugly for the Nats. Back LAD on the run line.
MLB Free Pick: Los Angeles Dodgers run line
More MLB Playoffs Betting News
- MLB News & Rumors: Dustin May Out, Ivan Nova Looking For A New Team, Pioneer League
- Toronto Blue Jays vs Oakland A’s | Betting Odds for MLB
- Orioles vs Mariners | MLB Betting Odds
- LA Dodgers vs Milwaukee Brewers | MLB Betting Odds
- LA Angeles Vs Seatle Mariners Betting Preview – MLB Betting
- Dodgers vs Brewers | MLB Betting Odds
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) MLB Update: Players and on-field staff Begun Vaccinations, Luis Robert Has “Flue-Like” Symptoms
- Tigers vs White Sox | 2021 MLB Betting Odds
- MLB News & Rumors: Rockies Part Ways with their GM, Reduced Suspension For Ryan Tepera & Christian Yelich Is Fully Recovered
- Cubs vs Braves | MLB Betting Lines
- Red Sox vs Mets | MLB Betting Odds
- Yankees vs Orioles | MLB Betting Odds
- Reds vs Dodgers | MLB Betting Odds
- Mariners vs Red Sox | MLB Betting Odds