New York Mets at Cincinnati Reds MLB Free Betting Pick
New York Mets at Cincinnati Reds MLB Free Betting Pick & TV Info
Date/Time: Thursday, September 24, 2015 7:10 PM ET
Venue: Great American Ball Park, Cincinnati, Ohio
Radio: WLW 700
Opening Lines: Mets -163, Reds +155
— New York Mets (@Mets) September 24, 2015
They really need to make some sort of statement over the final 10 days of the season, which means not losing to teams like the Atlanta Braves, which is exactly what happened on Tuesday night. Steven Matz (4-0, 1.80 ERA) has been nothing short of brilliant in his 5 starts for the Mets this season.
You have to feel some level of sympathy for the Cincinnati Reds (63-87) when you look at the games remaining on their schedule. It has been a truly awful season for them, and it looks as though it might just get worse, given who they have to play over the final 2 weeks. The reality is that it wouldn’t really matter who this team played right now, as they are just not very good at all. They have done a good job of hanging in there with the Cardinals in the series that they are playing now, but you don’t get anything in this league for a tight loss.
The Reds cannot score runs right now, which is sure to be an issue against a Mets team with a very good pitching staff. About the best Cincinnati can hope for in this series is to keep things respectable. Josh Smith (0-2, 7.71 ERA) will start for the Reds.
Key Betting Trends
- NY Mets is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Cincinnati
- NY Mets is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Cincinnati
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Mets’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Cincinnati
- Cincinnati is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing NY Mets
- Cincinnati is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against NY Mets
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cincinnati’s last 6 games when playing at home against NY Mets