Over the years, MLB betting fans have seen some pretty dramatic collapses take place in the final weeks of the MLB season. Teams that looked destined for the postseason suddenly fall apart and end up wondering where it all went wrong. If the Houston Astros are to be the tea that collapses this year, they may have no problem pinpointing where their season totally derailed. The Astros will welcome in the Oakland A’s to Minute Maid Park on Saturday as favorites in the sports betting odds.
A Look at the MLB Betting Odds Pick Oakland A’s at Houston Astros & TV InfoDate/Time: Saturday, September 19, 2015 7:10 PM ETVenue: Minute Maid ParkTV: ROOT SPORTSRadio: KBME 790, KLAT 1010 (Sp.)Opening Lines: Oakland +135, Houston -136Scott Kazmir (7-10, 2.63 ERA) will be facing his old team, and looking to break out of a 4-game winless slump.It has been a very disappointing season for the Oakland A’s (63-84), and it looks as though they will be looking to rebuild in the offseason, given the moves they made at the trade deadline. They have had a tough time winning series coming down the stretch, but the one that they did win recently came against this Houston Astros team, who they took 2 of 3 from recently.The A’s will have the opportunity to really hurt the Astros chances of making the playoffs with a win in this series, and the best chance to do so may come on Saturday. That is because they will have Sonny Gray (13-7, 2.56 ERA) on the mound. Gray is leading the way in a number of pitching stats in the AL.
Key Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oakland’s last 6 games on the road
- Oakland is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing Houston
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Oakland’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Houston
- Houston is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
- Houston is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing Oakland
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Houston’s last 6 games when playing at home against Oakland