MLB Odds St. Louis Cardinals at Chicago Cubs NLDS Game 3
Our Monday Night MLB odds and lines will be serving up a pivotal NLDS Game 3 matchup, as the Chicago Cubs host the St. Louis Cardinals in a marquee showdown. Both teams are tied 1-1 in the series and are looking to claim the second victory in the series. Can the Cardinals upset the Cubs, or will Chicago stand its ground? Here is a succinct baseball betting guide on how to place your wagers in this game.
Taking a Sneak Peek at the MLB Odds on St. Louis Cardinals at Chicago Cubs NLDS Game 3
Venue: Wrigley Field, Chicago, Illinois
Date: Monday, October 12, 2015
Time: 6:07 PM ET
MLB Lines: St. Louis (+190), Chicago (-210), OVER/UNDER 7.5
Playing at the Wrigley Field for the first time since 2008, the Cubs will be hoping to make good home memories when they host the Cardinals this Monday. The Cubs are coming off a thrilling 6-3 win over the Cardinals in Game 2 on Saturday, evening the series at 1-1, and are looking to ride on that momentum in Game 3.
And to get full value of playing at home, the Cubs will give the ball to their best pitcher, Jake Arrieta (23-6, 1.70 ERA), a player who’s been in his own class this season. Dating back to the four-hit shutout against Minnesota on June 21, Arrieta is incredibly 17-1 with a ludicrous 0.81 ERA in his last 21 starts. After throwing a five-hit shutout against the Pirates in the NL Wild Card win last week, there is a lot of confidence that Arrieta will help his team to lock up the win, especially considering that he hasn’t lost at home since July 25.
For the Cards, Michael Wacha (17-7, 3.38 ERA) is the player who will get the starting role on the mound. Though Wacha is a talented thrower, he has struggled in his recent games, posting a worrying 7.88 ERA in his five September starts. This run includes his last outing on September 30, when he gave up six earned runs over four innings against the Pirates.
Both offenses bring talented players into this clash, but this game figures to be determined by the pitchers, so Arrieta and Wacha are the players bettors should be most concerned with.
Key Betting Trends
• St. Louis is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
• Chicago is 10-1 SU in its last 11 games
• St. Louis is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
• Chicago is 15-6 SU in its last 21 games at home
• St. Louis leads the season series, 12-9
• Chicago is 4-2 in its last six home games against the Cardinals
• The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chicago’s last 5 games
• The total has gone UNDER in 5 of St. Louis’ last 7 games on the road
• The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chicago’s last 5 games at home
• The total has gone OVER in 8 of St. Louis’ last 11 overall games against Chicago
• The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chicago’s last 6 home games against St. Louis
Game Betting Prediction
Arrieta outpitches Wacha and gives a sterling performance to grant the Cubs a comfortable win, with the total going OVER due to an emphatic display from the home hitters.