While no-one is taking anything for granted just yet, it certainly looks as though the only thing to be decided in the NL playoff picture is who will land the second seed. It looks as though it is going to come down to the LA Dodgers and the New York Mets, with the finish a little too close to call for MLB betting fans. The Dodgers will continue their push when they welcome in the Arizona Diamondbacks on Wednesday night.
A Quick Preview on the Opening MLB Betting Lines on Arizona at LA Dodgers & TV InfoDate/Time: Wednesday, September 23, 2015 10:10 PM ETVenue: Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CaliforniaTV: SportsNet LA, ESPN, SNLA SpanishRadio: 570 LA Sports, KTNQ 1020 (Sp.)Opening Lines: Arizona +215, Los Angeles -218Zack Greinke (18-3, 1.65 ERA) will bring his 5-game winning streak to the mound on Wednesday.
There are certain stats that usually tell the story of a team having a poor season, and there is one that really jumps off the page when talking about the Arizona Diamondbacks (72-78). Last week, the D-backs set a franchise record for most relief innings pitched in a single season, which is a sure sign that the starting rotation will need to be seriously shaken up in the offseason if this team is to be competitive next year.Arizona are actually the top scoring team in the division, which makes you wonder what might have been for this team if they could just have had some decent starting pitching along the way. Chase Anderson (6-6, 4.52 ERA) will get the start for the Diamondbacks.
Key Betting Trends
- Arizona is 4-11 SU in its last 15 games when playing LA Dodgers
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Arizona’s last 5 games when playing LA Dodgers
- Arizona is 2-9 SU in its last 11 games when playing on the road against LA Dodgers
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Arizona’s last 5 games when playing on the road against LA Dodgers
- LA Dodgers is 11-4 SU in its last 15 games when playing Arizona
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Dodgers’s last 5 games when playing Arizona
- LA Dodgers is 9-2 SU in its last 11 games when playing at home against Arizona
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Dodgers’s last 5 games when playing at home against Arizona