Those of you who love to wager on baseball will be getting ready to take a few days off with the All-Star Break now just a couple of days away. We all want to end the first half of the season on a high, though, which is why we have put together a few MLB parlay picks for the final weekend of the first half.
I am going with 3 picks on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, with hopes that the bankroll can get a nice little boost before the Home Run Derby rolls around. There are some big series being played this weekend, but I am going to try and spread things around a little as we go searching for winners. Let’s get this thing started and take a look at the updated baseball parlay picks here.
Winning MLB Parlay Picks for the Weekend Action (July 7th)
MLB Parlay Picks for Friday, July 7
The Washington Nationals lost the opening game of their series with the Atlanta Braves in rather controversial fashion, as fans were made to sit through a 3-hour rain delay without a drop of the wet stuff ever falling.
I think they will rebound nicely on Friday with Max Scherzer on the mound. He has been totally lights out this season, and is coming into this game boasting a sparkling 1.94 ERA. I like the Nats to win this one comfortably.
Washington Nationals Vs Atlanta Braves Trends
- Washington is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Washington’s last 8 games at home
- Washington is 5-11 ATS in its last 16 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 18 of Washington’s last 24 games when playing Atlanta
- Washington is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Washington’s last 11 games when playing at home against Atlanta
- Washington is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Atlanta
- When playing Atlanta, Washington is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- Washington is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Atlanta
- When playing at home against Atlanta, Washington is 20-4 SU in its last 24 games
The Arizona Diamondbacks are coming off a crushing 3-game sweep at the hands of the LA Dodgers, but they will have a good chance to bounce back with a series against the Cincinnati Reds. They will be sending Zack Grienke to the mound on Friday, as their ace looks to go for his 3rd straight win, and 5th in his last 7 starts.
Let’s close out this parlay by going with a pick that I think we will get at a very good price. The Kansas City Royals will close out their first half on the road with an interleague series against the red-hot LA Dodgers. The Royals have enjoyed their interleague play this season, going 5-2 in those games, and I think they might just sneak the opening game in this series.
MLB Parlay Picks for Saturday, July 8
We have a really good weekend series on tap with the Milwaukee Brewers in the Big Apple to face the New York Yankees. The Brewers are closing out the first half on a high with 4-straight wins, and if they get the same sort of performance from Brent Suter as he delivered in his last start, then I think they will be able to come away with the win in this one.
Milwaukee Brewers Vs New York Yankees Trends
- Milwaukee is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- NY Yankees is 5-17 ATS in its last 22 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 6 games
- NY Yankees is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- Milwaukee is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Milwaukee’s last 7 games when playing NY Yankees
- Milwaukee is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing NY Yankees
- NY Yankees is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing Milwaukee
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of NY Yankees’s last 7 games when playing Milwaukee
There are a couple of different ways that you can approach the game between the Houston Astros and Toronto Blue Jays on Saturday. The Astros have only lost 10 games on the road all season long, and you have to like them against the underperforming Jays. That said, we have a killer pitching match-up here, so it might be an idea to take the UNDER instead of a SU pick.
The Chicago Cubs are performing way below expectations this season, and have now gone 16 games without putting together back to back wins. That said, I think they can finish the first half on a high by winning this series against the Pirates. I particularly like them to win on Saturday with Jake Arrieta on the mound.
MLB Parlay Picks for Sunday, July 9
We have a great pitching duel on tap for Sunday with David Price and Chris Archer taking the mound when the Red Sox and Rays close out their 3-game series. This is one that screams UNDER, especially when you look at how well booth men have been pitching of late. As far as a straight up pick goes with this one, I like the Red Sox.
The Colorado Rockies are going through a tough run to close out the first half, and while you would like them to get back on track against the Chicago White Sox, they may actually be in trouble on Sunday. Carlos Rodon has been brilliant in his two starts this season, and I like him to confound the Rockies batters on the way to a White Sox win.
The Cleveland Indians are looking to finish the first half on top of the Central Division, and they are going to need to take care of the Detroit Tigers over the weekend to make that happen. They will meet on Sunday night in the final MLB game of the first half, and I like the Indians to close out with a win.