A Look at the Pittsburgh Pirates vs Chicago Cubs MLB Odds and Free PickDate/Time: Friday, September 25, 2015 2:20 PM ET Venue: Wrigley Field, Chicago TV: ABC 7, MLBN Radio: WBBM 780, Cubs Radio Network Opening Line: Pirates +119, Cubs -121 Gerrit Cole (17-8, 2.64 ERA) will get the start for the Pirates. The Chicago Cubs (89-63) are likely to be one of the next teams to officially punch their postseason ticket, and they will probably do so with a win or two over the Pirates. That is not such a tall order given that they are 10-6 against the men from the Steel City this season. This has been one of the feel good stories of the MLB season, as it’s been fun to watch this young ball club continue to deliver all year. This is a team that is rolling, having now won or split 6 straight series heading into this one. There are sure to be plenty of people who believe that the Cubs don’t have the experience required to make a deep run in October, but people also believed they were too inexperienced to challenge for a post season spot this year. Jon Lester (10-11, 3.46 ERA) pitched the full 9 innings and gave up just 1 run the last time he faced the Pirates.
Key Betting Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Pittsburgh’s last 6 games on the road
- Pittsburgh is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Chi Cubs
- Pittsburgh is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Chi Cubs
- Chi Cubs is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games at home
- Chi Cubs is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Pittsburgh
- Chi Cubs is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Pittsburgh