MLB betting Fans of both leagues will constantly bicker about which of the two is better, but it’s an argument that is pretty tough to win. Both have teams that can legitimately claim to be the best in baseball, and they also both have teams that fall way below that level. The Oakland A’s and the Arizona Diamondbacks fall into the latter category, and they will try to play for the pride of their league when they close out a 3-game series in Arizona on Sunday.
An In Depth Analysis on the MLB Run Line and Betting Pick on Arizona at Oakland & Game InfoDate/Time: Sunday 30, 4:10 PM ET Venue: Chase Field, Arizona TV: FS-A Radio: ESPN Phoenix 620, KSUN La Mejor 1400 (Sp.)Robbie Ray (3-10, 3.86 ERA) is coming into this start having lost 5 games in a row. The Athletics (55-73) scored a major victory last week when they swept the LA Dodgers in a 2-game interleague series. This wasn’t a victory that was going to turn their season around, but you did get the sense that it might give them the confidence to go on and finish the season in strong fashion. That did not pan out, though, as they followed those wins up with back to back series losses against the Tampa Bay Rays and Seattle Mariners. The one stat that is really hard to get a grip on when it comes to Oakland is their run differential. You would expect them, like the other division cellar dwellers, to be in the negative, but they are at a +10. To put that in perspective, the team at the bottom of their division with thee next best run differential is the Boston Red Sox with a -41. Jesse Chavez (7-13, 4.00 ERA) will start for Oakland.
Key Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Arizona’s last 6 games when playing Oakland
- Arizona is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Oakland
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Arizona’s last 6 games when playing at home against Oakland
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oakland’s last 6 games when playing Arizona
- Oakland is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Arizona
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oakland’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Arizona