How to Bet on the San Diego Padres at Miami Marlins Baseball Spread Prediction & TV InfoDate/Time: Saturday, August 1st, 7:10 PM Venue: Marlins Park, Miami, FL TV: FSSD Radio: XPRS 1090, XEMO 860 Opening Line: TBA It really hasn’t been a major surprise to see the Marlins (42-60) be among the biggest sellers at the trade deadline. We have known for quite some time that things were going to get blown up there, with Mat Latos the latest to be shipped out in a blockbuster trade between the Dodgers and Braves. The moves that the Marlins have made to this point are unlikely to make that much of a difference in the fortunes of their season. Look for utility guys and prospects to fill out the line-up the rest of the way, as the Marlins are already looking at what to do for next season. They come into this one having lost 5 of their last 6 games, which included a 3-1 series loss to the Padres. With all the changes being made in Miami right now, it’s tough to say who will start for them on Saturday.
With just a few hours to go before the end of the trade deadline, the San Diego Padres (49-53) have been pretty quiet. That might not last, though, as it’s believed that Justin Upton will have a new address by the time Friday night rolls around. It has been a terribly disappointing season for the Padres, especially since the general consensus was that they might be able to mount a serious challenge in the NL West. That has not been the case, though, and they now find themselves 8 games off the pace with three teams ahead of them. Their season looks to be done, although they have been pretty solid in the second half, going 8-4 through their first 12 games. Odrisamer Despaigne (4-7, 4.76 ERA) will get the start as he goes in search of back to back wins.
Now watch ’em whip pic.twitter.com/QVEGktckGk— San Diego Padres (@Padres) July 30, 2015
Key Betting Trends
SAN DIEGO PADRES
- San Diego is 5-1-1 SU in its last 7 games
- San Diego is 4-1-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- San Diego is 4-7-1 SU in its last 12 games on the road
- San Diego is 6-1-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing Miami
- San Diego is 1-5-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Miami
- Miami is 1-5-1 SU in its last 7 games
- Miami is 1-6-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing San Diego
- Miami is 5-1-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against San Diego