A Sneak Peak at the San Francisco vs Atlanta MLB Betting Lines Preview & TV InfoDate/Time: Wednesday, August 5th, 7:10 pm ETVenue: Turner Field, Atlanta, Georgia.Tv: CSN-BARadio: KNBR 680Opening lines: Giants -168, Braves +158
San Francisco rushing to catch the Dodgers.The Giants (57-48) have spent the entire season trying to chase down the LA Dodgers atop the NL East. They have been hampered by injuries, especially to their starting rotation, and they tried to address that by making a few moves at the trade deadline. As it stands right now, the Giants are 3 games back in the division, and a half game back in the Wild Card race, both of which are deficits well within their reach.San Francisco started the second half on a real tear, but things have cooled off as of late, with the world champions losing 4 of their last 6, which included the first game in this series. As has been the case all year, it is their play on the road that is letting them down. Madison Bumgarner (11-6, 3.39 ERA) will try to help right the ship. Bumgarner is 3-1 in his last 4 starts.
The Braves Sold Big in the Trade Deadline But It Doesn’t Change MuchThe Atlanta Braves (48-58) were expected to be big sellers at the trade deadline, and they certainly did live up to that billing. One of the moves they made came as a bit of a surprise, though, as they shipped out pitcher Alex Wood to the Dodgers, getting Hector Olivera in return. It seemed to finally dawn on management that they needed power as well as pitching in the organization, and power is certainly what they get with Olivera.He has yet to put on a Braves uniform, but it seems the offensive move has rubbed off on the Braves hitters, as they have put up 15 runs in their last 2 games. That’s a long way from the 1-2 runs they were averaging every night for the past couple of weeks. Williams Perez (4-1, 4.14 ERA) will start for the Braves on Wednesday.
Key Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of San Francisco’s last 6 games when playing Atlanta
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Atlanta
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Atlanta’s last 12 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Atlanta’s last 6 games when playing San Francisco
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 5 games when playing at home against San Francisco