The teams who underwhelm their MLB betting fans during the course of the season generally make changes once the final game of the year has been played. The Mariners decided not to wait that long, as they handed a pink slip to their current GM. This is a sure sign that big changes are on the horizon. The Mariners will play the Oakland A’s on the road on Sunday.
A Quick Look at the Seattle Mariners at Oakland A’s Opening MLB Lines & TV InfoDate/Time: Sunday September 6, 4:05 PM ETVenue: O.co Colliseum, OaklandTV: ROOT SPORTSRadio: 710 ESPN, KIRO 97.3Opening Lines: Seattle -130, Oakland +125Hisashi Iwakuma (6-3, 4.22 ERA) will be on the mound for the Mariners on Sunday.It’s not really a major revelation to say that the Oakland A’s (58-76) have had consistency issues this season, but a closer look at what they have done this year reveals how different things could have been. This is a team that has made an unhealthy habit of losing close games, and who actually have a positive run differential in spite of their overall record. Oakland are rarely if ever blown out, but they also lack the killer touch that could have made their season a whole lot more palatable for their fans.Of all the teams sitting at the bottom of their respective divisions, the A’s me be the one that are closest to being a good deal better next season. Felix Doubront (2-1, 3.99 ERA) will be on the mound for Oakland in this one.
Key Betting Trends
- Seattle is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Oakland
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Seattle’s last 5 games when playing Oakland
- Seattle is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Oakland
- Oakland is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Seattle
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oakland’s last 5 games when playing Seattle
- Oakland is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against Seattle