It seems like each season a different odd controversy pops up as far as tactics in major league baseball play. Should infielders make a radical shift for pure pull hitters? What influence does catcher framing have on umpires when they call balls and strikes? Should the pitcher always bat ninth in the National League? But what MLB betting fans are now discussing is should pitchers bat eight or ninth? Let’s find out… Tony La Russa, when he managed the St. Louis Cardinals, would occasionally bat the pitcher eighth, going against conventional wisdom that had the pitcher in the ninth spot. La Russa is long gone, but now that Joe Maddon is managing in the senior circuit with the Chicago Cubs, has been rolling with the pitcher in the eighth spot, and some other managers – most noticeably Walt Weiss – seem to be following suit. What’s the deal?
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Updated 2019 World Series Odds – February 15th
- Early 2019 MLB Betting Strategies, Tips, and More
- Early MLB Betting Predictions for 2019 Regular Season
- Early 2019 World Series Odds & Predictions
- Red Sox vs Dodgers World Series Game 5 Odds & Preview
- Red Sox vs Dodgers World Series Game 4 Odds & Preview
- Red Sox vs Dodgers 2018 World Series Game 3 Odds & Prediction
- Dodgers vs Red Sox 2018 World Series Game 2 Odds & Pick
- Updated 2018 World Series Odds – October 22nd Edition
- Dodgers vs Red Sox 2018 World Series Game 1 Odds & Prediction
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.