It seems like each season a different odd controversy pops up as far as tactics in major league baseball play. Should infielders make a radical shift for pure pull hitters? What influence does catcher framing have on umpires when they call balls and strikes? Should the pitcher always bat ninth in the National League? But what MLB betting fans are now discussing is should pitchers bat eight or ninth? Let’s find out…Tony La Russa, when he managed the St. Louis Cardinals, would occasionally bat the pitcher eighth, going against conventional wisdom that had the pitcher in the ninth spot. La Russa is long gone, but now that Joe Maddon is managing in the senior circuit with the Chicago Cubs, has been rolling with the pitcher in the eighth spot, and some other managers – most noticeably Walt Weiss – seem to be following suit. What’s the deal?
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Yankees vs Red Sox MLB | Huge In AL Wild-Card Chase
- Rangers vs Yankees MLB | New York Can’t Afford Loss
- Mets vs. Red Sox MLB | Both Need Win Badly
- MLB Predictions: Could Blue Jays Have AL MVP & Cy Young?
- Mariners vs A’s MLB | Crucial In Wild-Card Race
- Updated MLB Playoff Picture: Who Wins NL West, NL East?
- Dodgers vs Reds | 2021 MLB Possible Preview National League
- Tigers vs Rays Series Opener| 2021 MLB Expert Analysis
- Cubs vs Phillies | 2021 MLB Expert Analysis
- MLB Angels vs White Sox Betting Analysis: The Pale Hose Heavy Favorites
- MLB 2021 Regular Season Betting Predictions: Last Weeks of Action
- MLB Rays vs Blue Jays Betting Analysis: Toronto Looking to Secure Wild-Card Spot
- Must Bet MLB Series On The Week: Red Sox vs. Mariners
- MLB Yankees vs Mets Betting Analysis: Subway Series On 9/11 Anniversary Weekend
- MLB Betting News & Rumors: NL Cy Young Winners Kershaw, DeGrom Close To Returns?