Quick Report on the MLB Betting Spread Preview on Philadelphia vs Atlanta & Game InfoTime: 7:05 p.m. ET Venue: Citizen Bank Park, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania National tv: None Opening Line: TBA
Are the Phillies going back to their 2008 Championship ways?If you looked at their performance in the second half so far, you might be excused for believing that this is the same Philadelphia Phillies (46-55) team that was World Champions not so long ago. They have come out on fire, and have gone 9-2 in the 11 games since the All-Star break. It is one of those runs where everything seems to be going right. Included in that mix of wins was a no-hitter by Cole Hamels, a quality pitcher who will be playing the rest of his season in a Texas Rangers uniform. The movement of Cole Hamels has left the starting job for this game up in the air for the moment.
New ballpark coming, new team being built but not quite there yet.Fans of the Atlanta Braves (46-55) will have a shiny new ball park to marvel over in 2017. Until then, though, they are going to be forced to watch a team that is being classified as in the rebuilding stages. The truth of the matter is that the Braves are not going to invest any major money in players until the doors open on that stadium, which means that this season is likely a preview of what will also happen next year. The Braves have already started shipping out any players of value as the trade deadline approaches, and that means that things are likely to get a whole lot worse before they start to get better. 2017 probably seems like an awful long ways away to the Braves faithful right now. Matt Wisler (5-1, 3.43 ERA) has been very good since coming over from the Padres, and it is he who will start on Friday.
Key Betting Trends
- Atlanta is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Atlanta’s last 7 games
- Atlanta is 1-10 SU in its last 11 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Atlanta’s last 6 games on the road
- Atlanta is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Philadelphia
- Philadelphia is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- Philadelphia is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 18 of Philadelphia’s last 24 games at home
- Philadelphia is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Atlanta
- Philadelphia is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games when playing at home against Atlanta