After the New York Mets completed a sweep at Nationals Park, it looks like the Washington Nationals are down and out for contention in the National League East. The Mets put together three straight comeback victories in Washington, with the last game featuring home runs from Yoenis Cespedes and Kelly Johnson in the eighth inning. The Mets had trailed by a run before that inning but left with a two-run advantage. This sweep gave the Mets a seven-game lead for first place in the division. Twenty-three games remained for both teams at the time, but the Nats had stopped showing signs of life a few weeks before the Mets came to town and pulled off the sweep. The two teams do face off in New York the last weekend of the MLB betting season, but it’s likely that this will be a meaningless three-game set.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Yankees vs Red Sox MLB | Huge In AL Wild-Card Chase
- Rangers vs Yankees MLB | New York Can’t Afford Loss
- Mets vs. Red Sox MLB | Both Need Win Badly
- MLB Predictions: Could Blue Jays Have AL MVP & Cy Young?
- Mariners vs A’s MLB | Crucial In Wild-Card Race
- Updated MLB Playoff Picture: Who Wins NL West, NL East?
- Dodgers vs Reds | 2021 MLB Possible Preview National League
- Tigers vs Rays Series Opener| 2021 MLB Expert Analysis
- Cubs vs Phillies | 2021 MLB Expert Analysis
- MLB Angels vs White Sox Betting Analysis: The Pale Hose Heavy Favorites
- MLB 2021 Regular Season Betting Predictions: Last Weeks of Action
- MLB Rays vs Blue Jays Betting Analysis: Toronto Looking to Secure Wild-Card Spot
- Must Bet MLB Series On The Week: Red Sox vs. Mariners
- MLB Yankees vs Mets Betting Analysis: Subway Series On 9/11 Anniversary Weekend
- MLB Betting News & Rumors: NL Cy Young Winners Kershaw, DeGrom Close To Returns?